• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

No DTS:X audio for 4K movies

TAY

I would like to know why there are no 4k Blu-ray movies with a DTS:X audio track available for download by Kaleidesape or VUDU, only Dolby Atmos. Most NBCUniversal and the WB Harry Potter 4K movies are with a DTS:X audio. I have to purchase the 4K discs to get the full immersive sound track.

I think the answer has to do with the studios and how they give them to Kaleidescape. I am pretty sure Kaleidescape would like nothing more than to give us the very best possible rendition of each title.

My mostly wild guess is it has to do with legal technicalities. That's usually the case.

I would like to know why there are no 4k Blu-ray movies with a DTS:X audio track available for download by Kaleidesape or VUDU, only Dolby Atmos. Most NBCUniversal and the WB Harry Potter 4K movies are with a DTS:X audio. I have to purchase the 4K discs to get the full immersive sound track.

I suspect if there are zero such films available, DTS:X may also require a different workflow for Kaleidescape, which they have not yet implemented. What particularly bothers me is that DTS:X (and many Atmos) films are dropped down to 5.1. And I think it is highly misleading that they advertise:

Strato supports lossless audio formats: Dolby TrueHD (including losslessly encoded object-based Dolby Atmos), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and PCM.

I think the current situation is not viable in the long run for a system marketed as premium.

I suspect if there are zero such films available, DTS:X may also require a different workflow for Kaleidescape, which they have not yet implemented. What particularly bothers me is that DTS:X (and many Atmos) films are dropped down to 5.1. And I think it is highly misleading that they advertise:

Strato supports lossless audio formats: Dolby TrueHD (including losslessly encoded object-based Dolby Atmos), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, and PCM.

I think the current situation is not viable in the long run for a system marketed as premium.

Got to agree with you RAV to a certain extent. Not sure that it's misleading though - the Strato DOES support those formats. Just a pity that they aren't becoming available in a timeous fashion (well timeous for me :)).

I do agree that this needs to change and quickly - for a system that claims to be premium and provide the highest quality in movie downloads - they need to sort this out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is considering they're purchase options moving forward. :confused:

Hi Guys, I deleted a couple of posts that related to what most consider to be illegal ripping of movies. Please keep in mind we do not want these types of posts on the forum, they will be deleted.

Jim

Hi Guys, I deleted a couple of posts that related to what most consider to be illegal ripping of movies. Please keep in mind we do not want these types of posts on the forum, they will be deleted.

Jim

Thanks for the reminder— and I think I have at least one movie in DTS:X so this whole thread might be dated and worthy of deletion.

Back