• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

No Audio with Co-Star and New Marantz AV10 Processor

jt_M3

Hello. I am reaching out to the community hoping someone might be able to replicate or has a fix for the problem I am experiencing. I recently upgraded my system to include a Kscape Encore server and Strato C player as well as the new Marantz AV10 processor. Since I also have a Kscape Premier system, I also added a Co-Star to "pair" the two systems. The issue is as follows:

I can see my complete movie catalog on the "paired" interface. I can play any UHD or HDR contact on my Strato with no problem. However, when I play any title from my Premiere system such as a DVD or Blu-ray, I only see video. The audio is missing. This is confirmed by the AV10 which reports it as unknown. It doesn't matter which title I play, the audio problem persists. If I stop the video, and then select a UHD or HDR title from the Strato unit, it plays as expected. Again the issue is with the audio playback on from the Premier hardware only. At the moment, it is paired to my M500.

I believe I have isolated the issue with the Co-star and Marantz AV10 combination.

Trouble shooting thus far:
  • I have both a fully functional M500 and M300 player. I have paired both with the Strato and Costar, and the exact same issue is experienced.
  • In the M500 Audio settings, it is set to Bitstream pass-through. I also tried setting it to player decode, and the issue is still present.
  • If I swap the HDMI inputs on the Co-star between the Strato C and M500, the problem follows the M500.
  • All HDMI cables are the same length and type/model and were just purchased new. I also tried older cables, and issue still persists.
  • If I bypass the Co-Star completely and plug the M500 or M300 it into a HDMI port on the AV10, it works perfectly. Even with Bitstream Pass-Through selected.
  • The Marantz AV10 has the latest firmware installed.
  • Kscape support advised to try my old processor which was a Marantz AV8003. Since it is no longer installed in my rack, I did take the Costar HDMI output and feed it to the AV8003. Without any amplifiers installed on the AV8003, I was able to confirm the audio was being decoded from both the Premiere and Encore system via Costar.
Any help would be truly appreciated!

Just to confirm, do you have both downloaded & imported content on the Premiere and tested playback with each?

Yes I do. I have both physical Blu-ray discs in my vault, which are imported as well as Kscape store downloads. To reiterate, if I bypass the Co-Star and plug the M500 player to a dedicated HDMI port on the AV10, it works as expected.

Sure, but the Terra is all downloaded content, so I just wondered if both downloaded & imported content acted the same on the other side, in case it was a weird signaling hiccup between the two types.

I appreciate your input and help. But yes, whether I play an imported movie or downloaded movie on the “Premiere” side, I have no audio.

Seems like the Kramer switch (which has a bit of edid management) and the Marantz AV10 are not liking each other for your Premier component. Anyway to change the characteristics of the HDMI input on the AV10? Also, maybe try a different HDMI cable from the Premier To the Kramer costar switch.

Hello. I am reaching out to the community hoping someone might be able to replicate or has a fix for the problem I am experiencing. I recently upgraded my system to include a Kscape Encore server and Strato C player as well as the new Marantz AV10 processor. Since I also have a Kscape Premier system, I also added a Co-Star to "pair" the two systems. The issue is as follows:

I can see my complete movie catalog on the "paired" interface. I can play any UHD or HDR contact on my Strato with no problem. However, when I play any title from my Premiere system such as a DVD or Blu-ray, I only see video. The audio is missing. This is confirmed by the AV10 which reports it as unknown. It doesn't matter which title I play, the audio problem persists. If I stop the video, and then select a UHD or HDR title from the Strato unit, it plays as expected. Again the issue is with the audio playback on from the Premier hardware only. At the moment, it is paired to my M500.

I believe I have isolated the issue with the Co-star and Marantz AV10 combination.

Trouble shooting thus far:
  • I have both a fully functional M500 and M300 player. I have paired both with the Strato and Costar, and the exact same issue is experienced.
  • In the M500 Audio settings, it is set to Bitstream pass-through. I also tried setting it to player decode, and the issue is still present.
  • If I swap the HDMI inputs on the Co-star between the Strato C and M500, the problem follows the M500.
  • All HDMI cables are the same length and type/model and were just purchased new. I also tried older cables, and issue still persists.
  • If I bypass the Co-Star completely and plug the M500 or M300 it into a HDMI port on the AV10, it works perfectly. Even with Bitstream Pass-Through selected.
  • The Marantz AV10 has the latest firmware installed.
  • Kscape support advised to try my old processor which was a Marantz AV8003. Since it is no longer installed in my rack, I did take the Costar HDMI output and feed it to the AV8003. Without any amplifiers installed on the AV8003, I was able to confirm the audio was being decoded from both the Premiere and Encore system via Costar.
Any help would be truly appreciated!
I have the same problem with a McIntosh surround processor. It appears to be an HDMI handshaking problem. I am waiting for a Key Digital device that hopefully will clean up the handshaking problem (installed between the K-scape and the surround processor).

Seems like the Kramer switch (which has a bit of edid management) and the Marantz AV10 are not liking each other for your Premier component. Anyway to change the characteristics of the HDMI input on the AV10? Also, maybe try a different HDMI cable from the Premier To the Kramer costar switch.

I contacted Marantz support and they walked me through changing some of the HDMI configs. However, none of them were successful. And yes, I tried various HDMI cables with no luck.

I have the same problem with a McIntosh surround processor. It appears to be an HDMI handshaking problem. I am waiting for a Key Digital device that hopefully will clean up the handshaking problem (installed between the K-scape and the surround processor).
Which McIntosh processor are you using? Also, what is the Key Digital device you are referring to exactly? Is this from a recommendation or do you perhaps know someone that has it and fixed their similar issue?

Which McIntosh processor are you using? Also, what is the Key Digital device you are referring to exactly? Is this from a recommendation or do you perhaps know someone that has it and fixed their similar issue?
McIntosh MX160, Key digital KD-FIX418A-2, recommended by the installer "give it a try but it doesn't always work" (and it's currently out of stock) :(

McIntosh MX160, Key digital KD-FIX418A-2, recommended by the installer "give it a try but it doesn't always work" (and it's currently out of stock) :(
In case you did not see my reply, I just purchased this unit off of Amazon recommended by member SJHT. And it worked! Worth a try and they are in-stock. Good luck!

Amazon.com

Back