• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Newly Released Alto

House72

Hello All

I received my Alto today and set up was a breeze. Alto made me use an email address to activate my player. I dreaded having to use keys on screen by using arrows, but to my surprise my IPAD gave me option to use actual keyboard. This is a first and now I see why people love it.

I have a quick question:
One of the movie I tried to catalogue (Indian Movie) seems unrecognized. It has given me an option to add information via web interface. Can some one please let me know how this can be done?

I cannot wait now for the vault and additional hd to be released.

Cheers

Sorry to make multiple posts.

I am adding movies by getting digital offers via KScape and these movies show up on my KScape system, even though they are waiting to be downloaded.

I also linked my Ultraviolet account and started to download a bunch of movies from there. These don't show up on my KScape and they are also waiting to be downloaded. Am I doing something incorrect.

Cheers

Go to the K store, log in and then go to the "download" tab. Is anything showing as being downloaded? If not, go to the "My Kaleidescape" tab. Are any movies listed in your library?

If nothing is showing up then it could be that registration of the system or the regeristering with UV has not gone throug yet.

John

Hello John

Thanks for your reply. I was just being impatient. As movies started downloading last night, I can see them now.

My observation during peak hours (7PM To 10PM last night) I was able to download one movie. In the night when off peak internet hours I was able to download four movies.I think even during the day no one is home, I should be able to download faster.

Now I hope they release the vault soon.

Cheers

Raj

As I have started using few more questions popped up and would love some help on those. Thanks in advance to all of you for helping a newbie.

Ipad App is awesome, but lacks a button to eject in the remote screen. I have to physically press the eject button. Am I missing something or is it by design?

Some south asian movies were not recognized and I was able to enter the bar code. I got a confirmation this data would be added in few days. How do I know when they add it, so i can try to catalog them again?

One South Asian Movie was not recognized and did not have any bar code information as well. This i managed to enter via browser. My question for this movie, how do I add scenes and songs.

Cheers

Raj

Ipad App is awesome, but lacks a button to eject in the remote screen. I have to physically press the eject button. Am I missing something or is it by design?

I assume this is by design since if it had a button to do this you souls still have to get up and remove the disc.

Some south asian movies were not recognized and I was able to enter the bar code. I got a confirmation this data would be added in few days. How do I know when they add it, so i can try to catalog them again?

You will just have to keep checking on this. Also, if you are referring to the general message that the system gives you, it doesn't mean that they will be always be able to add it. If not, to get it added and bookmarked you would haveto send the disc in to K. However, there is a charge for this service.

One South Asian Movie was not recognized and did not have any bar code information as well. This i managed to enter via browser. My question for this movie, how do I add scenes and songs.

If it is not bookmarked you will not be able to add songs or scenes (although I have had a few movies where I could add scenes when the disc was not bookmarked). I have had times when I have contacted K about a disc that was not bookmarked and they have added all the bookmarks without having to send in the discs. However, all of these were US releases. Also, we cannot add songs - only scenes.

John

I find index information is usually added within 2-business days of entering the UPC of an unrecognized disc.

I assume this is by design since if it had a button to do this you souls still have to get up and remove the disc.

You will just have to keep checking on this. Also, if you are referring to the general message that the system gives you, it doesn't mean that they will be always be able to add it. If not, to get it added and bookmarked you would haveto send the disc in to K. However, there is a charge for this service.

If it is not bookmarked you will not be able to add songs or scenes (although I have had a few movies where I could add scenes when the disc was not bookmarked). I have had times when I have contacted K about a disc that was not bookmarked and they have added all the bookmarks without having to send in the discs. However, all of these were US releases. Also, we cannot add songs - only scenes.

John

Thanks John. I don't mind getting up to remove disc, but don't want wear out eject button. I figured there is an option buried in set up menu to eject disc after cataloguing. I enabled that. Now I have to use eject only when selecting digital offers.

I will wait to see if they add or can drop my discs on loan and pay for the service. I live in Santa Clara and so its short drive to drop off.

I will settle for scenes if its possible.

Cheers

Raj

Back