• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Newbie: Premiere Line

PointMan

I'm new and glad I found this forum. We're building our dream home and after a month of online research, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on Kaleidescape. Most of the basement level of our new home will be devoted to the theater. At this point, I'm planning on starting with a 3U server, DV700 disk vault, and several M300 players (one for the theater, and a few extras for TVs located in other rooms of the home). I have not selected a dealer yet; we are in Olympia, WA, about 60 miles from Seattle where several dealers are located.

One of my biggest concerns at this point is the lack of player support for 3D/4K, although I have heard that K is planning on a new model this year. That's why I think it is wiser to purchase the DV700 vault instead of the M700 with integrated player at this point in time. Is this logical? Does anyone know when the newer player will be available? I'm fine with the current M300 players for other rooms, and hoping to purchase a new player when available, for the main theater.

Here's another quick question: is it OK to locate all of the players in the server closet in our basement? Is there an advantage to locating the players for other rooms in the rooms? All media disks will be stored in the vault, not in other rooms of the home.

While your idea is logical, there are other considerations regarding Player needs and locations. It is easier to talk about your setup, so I've sent you a PM with my phone number. Call anytime to discuss what you are trying to accomplish. This is NOT a sales pitch, happy to answer any questions and guide you to a local dealer if that is your preference.

Jim

I hope you don't mind Jim, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you publicly for your gracious assistance in answering my initial questions, and steering me in the right direction. [Jim spent the better part of an hour with me on the phone.] It is heartening to know that Kaleidescape is also so dedicated to the customer experience. Too often today, a corporation's interest in their customer ends when the check clears the bank.

Thanks again Jim for the warm reception to a newcomer! I know I'll have a lot more questions as construction of our theatre commences. Again, so glad that I stumbled upon this community!

Just to be clear, neither Jim *nor* this site have anything to do with Kaleidescape corporate. This forum is completely independent (Josh is "just" a user like the rest of us, not a dealer or anything). Jim is a dealer and certainly knows people at K, but he's just a hell of a nice guy who likes to help K people out.

I didn't know him before joining this forum and having him volunteer to help me out a few times, and now he is my dealer (in the interest of full disclosure) even though he is NOT local to me.

Anyway, just to clarify things a little. This is a great forum (thanks Josh!) and Jim is a great guy. Just wanted to make sure you knew they aren't technically part of Kaleidescape, who also does have great customer service in their own rite.

--Donnie

Thanks for the kind words guys. Like the rest of you, I'm happy to be associated with K, and enjoy incredible support from the Company. It should be fun going forward.:)

Jim

Back