• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Zappiti Program Request

Kaycee2000

Dear Kscape,
While I do totally appreciate you giving us an easier way to transition over, id like to request you let us use the program with the current bundle pricing thats already going on. Otherwise, especially for those that are buying 8tb system, its not really even worth it. The bundle deal offers more value then the credits for 8tb terra prime owners.

The current bundle discount for an 8TB Terra/Strato C is $1000 whereas the movie credits offered for Zappiti owners for purchasing the same bundle sans discount is $800. I am guessing this is because the bundle discount will go away before the Zappiti promotion ends.

I am also in the same boat. I purchased 2 Stratto players and 22TB Server, 2 days before they released the Zappiti program. I had 2 current gen Zappiti players... I would have taken the 1300 credit instead of the 1000 bundle deal.

I have a similar issue. I bought a 8tb system. It didn't make sense to choose 800 movie credit over the $1000 hardware discount. It doesn't make sense, and made the program feel shady to be honest. If they were going to do this now while they had another program going, it would have been a lot kinder to us Zappiti owners to not have to choose.

I came over from PLEX. I've owned a Zidoo. My Shield wasn't playing nice with a PLEX update. They stopped making LaserDiscs and I was stuck with a player.

I got squat. Life is unfair. Kaleidescape didn't have to do anything.

How is it possibly shady that they offered a discount because another company went out of business?

I came over from PLEX. I've owned a Zidoo. My Shield wasn't playing nice with a PLEX update. They stopped making LaserDiscs and I was stuck with a player.

I got squat. Life is unfair. Kaleidescape didn't have to do anything.

How is it possibly shady that they offered a discount because another company went out of business?
Maybe shady is then wrong term, but none the less it doesnt seem very well thought through for those that bought 8tb systems and were hoping to enjoy the program.
I get that you didn't get anything, and I'm sure it gives you the energy to post about bit because there is some jealousy deep down, but that not my concern and doesn't hold merrit here.

Maybe shady is then wrong term, but none the less it doesnt seem very well thought through for those that bought 8tb systems and were hoping to enjoy the program.
I get that you didn't get anything, and I'm sure it gives you the energy to post about bit because there is some jealousy deep down, but that not my concern and doesn't hold merrit here.
Shady is more like what Zappiti have been up too :unsure: :)

Shady is more like what Zappiti have been up too :unsure: :)

LOL. I had a feeling it was gonna be something like this. Fold and then relaunch under a different name with the same products. They always felt super scummy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t trust it for a second! If they went out of business, it can happen again. Ok they have a paid service now for the same product. They are still hosting your collection in the same slow cloud. I was never super happy with Zappiti. Constantly had to reboot it to get player to work. Also the cover art loads were slow. I’m happy to be a Kscape owner now. Not looking back.

I will never understand how people fail to address the fact that the decryption done by systems like Zapiti and R video or whatever is illegal. They are just trying to sell computer systems with some custom front end and they are not going to be able to legally do what K does. Don't waste your money.

Looks like let’s get physical inc. already came out with R_Evolution PlayerOne which seems a rebadged/rebranded Zappiti player.

I am not surprised they relaunched an app and player. However, I’m shocked they still have the NAS. People speculated that the NAS is what caused all the lawsuits that shut them down.

Now that the promos ended , the numbers make sense for the Zappiti migration To Kaleidescape.

While I realize a lot of people have problems with Zappiti, I own a Zappiti and find it extremely useful because there an enormous amount of content that ONLY exists on physical media and I live in a NYC studio where storing a large amount of physical media is physically impossible. So I'm glad it exists and hope digital players will continue to exist for those of us who aren't pirating things, but simply doing what we can in our small apartments.

Having said that, holy crap Zappiti really did just shut down and re-open after slapping a new name on a Zappiti player. (For what it's worth, this new name is better than Zappiti, which was a dumb name.)

And I haven't even heard of this Zappiti K-Store offer until now, and not even sure I understand how it works.

and I live in a NYC studio where storing a large amount of physical media is physically impossible. So I'm glad it exists and hope digital players will continue to exist for those of us who aren't pirating things, but simply doing what we can in our small apartments.

You do know that if you're ripping to a server, you're supposed to also be keeping the discs, otherwise you're not "backing up your collection", you're pirating. Not that it will ever be enforced, but even the gray area it lives in hinges on maintaining possession of the physical media.

I was ecstatic to get my Kaleidescape and not only downsize my PLEX server, but also getting rid of all the discs as well.

You do know that if you're ripping to a server, you're supposed to also be keeping the discs, otherwise you're not "backing up your collection", you're pirating. Not that it will ever be enforced, but even the gray area it lives in hinges on maintaining possession of the physical media.

I was ecstatic to get my Kaleidescape and not only downsize my PLEX server, but also getting rid of all the discs as well.
Oh I have about 9 spindles worth of discs. But spindles are not good for finding your discs when you want to watch something.

One other thing we don't talk about is that physical can and does deteriorate. I had probably about 10 Criterion discs that yellowed and were unplayable.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpg
    IMG_6086.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
Back