• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New store download options?

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I just did the mass disk to digital option in the store for the Fox titles and noticed a new option. I don't know if this is because I have the Strato on my account now or something else.

Now when I select the systems to download the content to, I was given the following choice (on my Premier and also on my Encore systems):

Optimize for quality
Optimize for disk space
HD only
Do not download

I am not sure if I want to choose Optimize for quality or HD only. Anybody hear anything about this new change?

Edit: I just remembered I got an early shipment with Beta software so maybe they have not pushed many out. I hope I am not releasing info I shouldn't (I was not asked to keep any of this on the QT so I assume I am ok to discuss it).

Last edited:
Download options during a Buy All/Download All transaction explained

"Optimize for quality" - The highest available (and purchased) resolution of each movie that the target system supports will be queued for download (UHD, HD, then SD). For example, if you select this for Strato, then the UHD version would be queued unless it's not available (or you didn't buy it) in which case the HD version is queued. If neither are available then the SD version is queued. Selecting the same option for Alto would only queue the HD version even if you had purchased the UHD version since UHD isn't supported on Alto.

"Optimize for disk space" - The smallest sized resolution of each movie that is available for download and supported by the target system will be queued for download. In most cases, this would mean that the SD resolution is queued. But if no SD version is available then the HD (or even UHD if supported) resolution will be queued.

"UHD/HD/SD only" - Only the UHD, HD or SD resolution will be queued for download (as applicable to your selection). If the selected version isn't available for any title in the list then that movie won't be downloaded.

"UHD and HD" - Both the UHD and HD resolution of each movie will be queued for download (if available).

"HD and SD" - Both the HD and SD resolution of each movie will be queued for download (if available).

"UHD, HD, and SD" - Every available version of every selected movie will be queued for download to the target system.

"Do not download" - Do not download any movies to this system. Useful when you have multiple systems on your account but only want to download a bunch of titles to one of them.

Download scheduling is a great new feature for people who's ISP offers no data caps during certain off-peak hours. For example, a local ISP here offers unlimited data usage between 0200 and 0800hrs. So if you set up a download schedule for those hours, you can add movies to your queue all day long but nothing will download until the scheduled time.

You can always override the schedule by manually pausing and resuming the queue. The schedule will re-assert itself at the next event. For example, a download schedule is in effect from 0200 to 0800hrs. You resume the downloads manually at 0000hrs. Downloads will continue through to 0800hrs and then pause again.

Hope this information was helpful.

John, thanks for the great explanation! These are some very nice new options.

John

Back