• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Contest

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
If you haven't seen it yet, you should receive an on-screen message related a chance to win $1,000 in Store credit. Basically, every time your purchase from the Store from now until the end of the year, you will be entered into a drawing to win $1,000 in Store credit.

Start shopping, and good luck!:)

Jim

Just saw it coming back from a disc. On the one hand I would want to congratulate K for the milestone... on the other, that we would/could get the message that way provides for a frightening glimpse into their ability to push ads/promotional content into our movie watching experience that really bothers me more than I might have expected.

Yeah, seems like an odd way to promote this. A simple email would be better IMHO.

In any case, great contest! Hope I win :)

Guys, that was just an added method for getting the word out, the emails from the Store are coming as well (if you don't already have it, and assuming you receive emails from the Store).

Jim

Hi Jim,

Is it now possible to buy store credit? I had asked you sometime ago but it wasn't.

Thanks,

K.

Jim, got the email from K about the contest. I like that K is making more/better use of email to their customers to promote the store. The emails have been coming a bit more frequently than I think is necessary though. I really don't mind (I welcome any an all emails from K) but I could see others possibly getting annoyed and unsubscribing.

Also, speaking of store credit, I wonder if purchases using credit count as an entry in the contest.

By the way, for those of us who are using the UK or the Canadian store, don't get excited. The giveaway is only for US residents. (sadface)

Just a reminder that this contest/promo ends at the end of December....for those eligible and interested.

Jim

Why is it that i can't play the "Journey to Space 2015"
It's the one with 4K & HDR.

I have bought it, but its no where to be find..??

Have you confirmed it actually downloaded to your system? (Check the Manage Downloads section of your Store account).

If you have more than one system, confirm it was downloaded to the correct system. (Also be sure the original targeted system (if more than one) was capable of accepting the 4K download.)

If you don't see it in your system(s) "Import" page, and you do see it in your Store account as ordered, try downloading again. (You may have had a network interruption during the download process.)

If you've been doing a manual search be sure you are selecting the correct Title (sorry, not trying to insult you, I've incorrectly searched in the past myself).

The positive thing about the Store is that if you've actually purchased it, you can download again at anytime. (That reminds me, be sure your payment was actually processed, i.e. CC is current at the Store, (although you should receive a message if it isn't).

Jim

Jim

Does anyone know if purchases using store credit count as an entry in the contest? I still have a bunch of credit that expires soon from a new Alto. I was waiting for hopefully Disney to add DMA support and use it for that. But it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen. I refuse to buy digital movies that don't come with digital rights (UV or DMA).

That category was not mentioned in the original promo release. It did indicate that disc-to-digital, and upgrading movies does not qualify, so I suspect it was just an oversight that free movies (unpaid movie credits) were not mentioned. Obviously, this "contest" promo was done to generate end-of-year sales for the Store.

You can certainly use the credits and see what happens, and of course you can also follow the instructions regarding sending a written request to be included (see the promo for specific details), given you do not plan to actually make a purchase.

Jim

Hi, billygreen.

Movies purchased with store credit do give you a chance to win, provided that they are not Disc-to-Digital purchases or upgrades.

Thanks for the clarification Mike!

Jim

Just read all the fine print and realized I should have been mailing in some no purchase necessary entries!

Good luck to everyone here! I'll be happy with a $200 second place credit.

Kevin D.

Back