• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Scripts Added to Download Area

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Peter (CINERAMAX IOP) has inspired me to share some on my Scripts. I have added the following to the Download area:

Demo - 4K (favorite 4K scenes)
Demo - G (G Rated scenes that should be good for children). This contains a few of my favorite HD scenes at the beginning and then all 4K after that.

The download are can be found here:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1

John

I have added two more Scripts. They are ones I use to compare HDR scenes to the respective UHD or HD scenes from the same movie. The are:

HDR vs. UHD
HDR vs. HD

I use these to tweek my Lumagen Pro Dynamic Tone Mapping (DTM). It is also a nice way to see the advantages of HDR.

You will need to have both version loaded on the same Starto/Terra system in order for this to work. Also, there are some custom scenes included but they will load automatically load when you load the Script.

It certainly is handy to have a Kaleidescape system in order to do this!!!!!

I hope people will have fun with these. Let me know if there are any questions.

Again here is the link to the Download page:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1

John

I just noticed when I was uploading that AllenWarlock has posted some of his favorite scenes. I have downloaded but haven’t had a chance to check out yet.

John

I just noticed when I was uploading that AllenWarlock has posted some of his favorite scenes. I have downloaded but haven’t had a chance to check out yet.

John

John,
Thanks very much for sharing the HDR Vs SD Scripts - as a recent owner of a Lumagen Radiance Pro I am loving the DTM on my Sony Projector.
For those downloading these scripts on a system where a Premier System is Co Habitated with the Stratos/Terra Server with a Costar, if the HD movies are on the Premier and the HDR on the Stratos - the script does not work.
So I went into the settings of the Stratos and set it to download both HD and HDR on the Stratos - downloads of HD off course are now lightning fast - once downloaded I will try out the script and will report if I find any issues.
And if they work I will not post further.

Back