• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Paramount HD Titles galore....

Perfect CHristmas gift from Kscape! (Even if I have to pay)

So many to choose from! My little DSL connection will be busy for quite a while :)

Thanks to all at Kaleidescape who made this happen.

I agree - really needs ce Christmas Gift from K!

Also, I am sure there must be a lot of downloading taking place but I am still running a my normal mid-90’s download speed. Nice!

John

Am downloading about 20 titles at the moment - thanks K!!!!

Now I just need to buy a HDR display to get some of the new stuff!! ;(

You're welcome! I've passed along your thanks to our Store and Movie Guide teams, who have been working super hard on this.

Huzzah!!!! Now I can FINALLY get Top Gun onto my system! The long awaited Paramount agreement has really made my day. Thanks for all the hard work, Kaleidescape! I know you guys have had to fight tooth and nail to make this happen.

Why no DD/UV for Indiana Jones series. Also no upgrade price for interstellar hdr? It is confusing to have inconsistencies. Why not every movie have UV and upgrade pricing and DD? Would make life simpler!

Anyway, great to have all these movies. Now bring on the star trek series! ��

Yes, if the movie has the “uv-enabled” symbol (which most have - but not all; i.e. the Indiana Jones Series).

John

ETA: Vudu doesn’t shoe uv for Indiana Jones either so digital versions of these movies may not be available.

Still missing a ton of Paramount titles. I've got a hankering to watch Crocodile Dundee after seeing the trailer (probably fake or a commercial) for the new movie.

Yeah, need the full run is Star Trek for sure. That’s one of the biggest omissions now.

Be nice to see all 4 Transformers in UHD HDR as wel.

Bill Hunt

@BillHuntBits
19h19 hours ago
More
This just in: My sources confirm Paramount is releasing Terminator: Genisys in #4K on 6/12. Also coming THIS YEAR: Forrest Gump, the Jack Ryan films (Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Sum of All Fears, Shadow Recruit) & the Mission: Impossible films.

Curious as to why no Paramount titles have Kscape Scenes bookmarked? The Blu-ray discs are bookmarked but the Store downloads do not have them.

Curious as to why no Paramount titles have Kscape Scenes bookmarked? The Blu-ray discs are bookmarked but the Store downloads do not have them.

I presume your talking about 'chapters' on the discs, because discs don't carry 'scenes' like in the K world.

Kscape scenes are proprietary and created - by K - to showcase certain parts of a title.

Chapter marks are still there on the store downloaded titles. I'm going to guess that there is a manpower issue at play here and they just haven't got around to creating the 'scenes' yet - just a guess, but you could always ask K support - they are very approachable.

I noticed this too. No Paramount titles have scenes marked. I thought that if I was patient they would show up but still nothing. Most of my BR discs that I had loaded to my K server had scenes marked but nothing on those same titles that I have downloaded.

John

Back