• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEW Keos 10.3

CINERAMAX IOPH

POWERFUL NEW KOS FEATURES
The latest update of the kOS operating system has a number of exciting new features that will enhance your customers’ Kaleidescape experience.

THE KALEIDESCAPE MOVIE STORE
The Movie Store is now available via the Strato’s onscreen display so customers can browse and buy movies without having to rely on a computer or tablet.

The Movie Store on Strato is intuitive and simple to use, and is available in 4K resolution. Its innovative Pivot feature makes it easy to discover related titles, and the powerful search function allows users to quickly find films based on title, actor, collection/genre, and director.

Titles are presented in Kaleidescape’s iconic cover-art view. Pausing on a title reveals a brief description, along with the available formats and their pricing. Selecting a film brings up its information, displays the available audio tracks and subtitles, and allows users to explore related movies, genres, or collections, as well as other films by the same director or featuring members of the cast.

Once someone has decided on a movie to buy, they’re prompted to enter a 4-digit code to authorize purchase, and the movie is automatically added to the download queue.

The Movie Store has been added to the Movies section of the onscreen menu, alongside the List, Covers, and Collections options. (Parental Control options are now in their own section.)

kaleidescape movie store

Click here for an in-depth look at the Strato Movie Store, including a video of the Store in action.

PICTURECHECK
The second major addition to kOS 10.3 is the new PictureCheck tool, which can be used to optimize picture quality and performance on any connected display or projector.

PictureCheck test patterns are available in 1080p, 4K/UHD, and 4K HDR, enabling dealers, video calibrators, and end users to optimize each Strato system for the best Kaleidescape viewing experience. The PictureCheck test pattern vastly simplifies the process of checking and adjusting settings like overscan, pixel mapping, black and white levels, grayscale and gamma, bit depth, and color saturation. Advanced calibrators with access to a colorimeter can use PictureCheck to measure and adjust the display’s grayscale as well as primary and secondary colors for both BT.709 and BT.2020 color spaces.

kaleidescape movie store

To download PictureCheck, go to the System Settings menu on the Strato’s onscreen display and select Setup Videos.

The kOS 10.3 update for Encore systems and the kOS 8.3 update for Premiere systems also include improvements that eliminate instances where some users experienced brief audio and/or video dropouts. The updates also include improved HDMI cable and device interoperability that allow Kaleidescape systems to perform flawlessly with a wider array of third-party equipment, improvements to the disc-in-tray watching experience in Co-Star paired systems, and improvements in movie-download speed.

As with all kOS updates, these latest ones are free to all Kaleidescape system owners. The software for kOS 10.3 and kOS 8.3 will become available this week, after which systems will automatically begin updating to the latest version of k.

Thanks Super K!!!

FYI, Mike, Because the button press taking one the store overrode another function needed I have lost the capacity to mark scenes in the titles of the discs inside the changer, I use them to mark favorite songs.

Please consider adding this feature back somehow in the future.

NOW PLAYING button is what I used to save the scenes for DVD-audio discs in my vault. That is now a home screen to the store.

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't understand -- how were you using Now Playing to save scenes before?

(In any event, I think you'll find that this is not an issue. Now Playing as a shortcut to the onscreen store was a temporary beta shortcut. It is not included in 10.3.)

I was correct except this anomaly only on blue ray concert ASIA Fantasia but you have the songs marked. with DVD audio you hit now playing and the save scene works. Bluray nothing happens. If there is a way...

Yesterday it was summoning the store on a blue ray audio, go figure. Maybe the disc has not been identified. I feel better now. Will investigate and report.

POWERFUL NEW KOS FEATURES

The latest update of the kOS operating system has a number of exciting new features that will enhance your customers’ Kaleidescape experience.

THE KALEIDESCAPE MOVIE STORE

The Movie Store is now available via the Strato’s onscreen display so customers can browse and buy movies without having to rely on a computer or tablet.

The Movie Store on Strato is intuitive and simple to use, and is available in 4K resolution. Its innovative Pivot feature makes it easy to discover related titles, and the powerful search function allows users to quickly find films based on title, actor, collection/genre, and director.

Titles are presented in Kaleidescape’s iconic cover-art view. Pausing on a title reveals a brief description, along with the available formats and their pricing. Selecting a film brings up its information, displays the available audio tracks and subtitles, and allows users to explore related movies, genres, or collections, as well as other films by the same director or featuring members of the cast.

Once someone has decided on a movie to buy, they’re prompted to enter a 4-digit code to authorize purchase, and the movie is automatically added to the download queue.

The Movie Store has been added to the Movies section of the onscreen menu, alongside the List, Covers, and Collections options. (Parental Control options are now in their own section.)

kaleidescape movie store

Click here for an in-depth look at the Strato Movie Store, including a video of the Store in action.

PICTURECHECK

The second major addition to kOS 10.3 is the new PictureCheck tool, which can be used to optimize picture quality and performance on any connected display or projector.

PictureCheck test patterns are available in 1080p, 4K/UHD, and 4K HDR, enabling dealers, video calibrators, and end users to optimize each Strato system for the best Kaleidescape viewing experience. The PictureCheck test pattern vastly simplifies the process of checking and adjusting settings like overscan, pixel mapping, black and white levels, grayscale and gamma, bit depth, and color saturation. Advanced calibrators with access to a colorimeter can use PictureCheck to measure and adjust the display’s grayscale as well as primary and secondary colors for both BT.709 and BT.2020 color spaces.

kaleidescape movie store

To download PictureCheck, go to the System Settings menu on the Strato’s onscreen display and select Setup Videos.

The kOS 10.3 update for Encore systems and the kOS 8.3 update for Premiere systems also include improvements that eliminate instances where some users experienced brief audio and/or video dropouts. The updates also include improved HDMI cable and device interoperability that allow Kaleidescape systems to perform flawlessly with a wider array of third-party equipment, improvements to the disc-in-tray watching experience in Co-Star paired systems, and improvements in movie-download speed.

As with all kOS updates, these latest ones are free to all Kaleidescape system owners. The software for kOS 10.3 and kOS 8.3 will become available this week, after which systems will automatically begin updating to the latest version of k.

Thanks Super K!!!

Do you still expect we’ll see the new software hit our systems this week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dinami, when we release a new kOS version, we do that in stages with a small initial set (mostly Kaleidescape employees), then dealers, then customers. This strategy is intended to catch the possibility of some issue that was not discovered in testing, before it has a chance to affect customers.

So, no, customers won't see 10.3 this week (i.e., today), but you should expect to see it in the next couple of weeks, depending on where in the rollout your system happens to fall.

Dinami, when we release a new kOS version, we do that in stages with a small initial set (mostly Kaleidescape employees), then dealers, then customers. This strategy is intended to catch the possibility of some issue that was not discovered in testing, before it has a chance to affect customers.

So, no, customers won't see 10.3 this week (i.e., today), but you should expect to see it in the next couple of weeks, depending on where in the rollout your system happens to fall.

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this Strato only or Alto as well? I see that it's supposed to address audio dropouts, which obviously many of us Alto owners have been hoping to get addressed.

I really can't wait for this. I saw the on-screen store last year at CEDIA and it was awesome. But the bug where the screen cuts out related to HDMI connections is one that I notice every time I start a movie, so this is something I am looking forward to.

Just wish I knew a way to get moved to the top of theipgrade rollout cue... I’ll restart my server.... see if that helps...

Restarting won't make any difference unless the server has already downloaded the release and is waiting for an idle time to restart and install it. You can see that from the browser interface home page, where it shows your current version (Premiere) or on the Browser Interface Settings->General->Software Version page on Encore.

Back