• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Kaleidescape Remote

Could you please indicate which device of the zwei was the impetus to migrate or were there multiple devices/deficiencies that the migration solved?
First, the TSR-310 is very sensitive regarding wifi connectivity when using CH. After waking up, the remote wasn´t often not able to connect to the CH processor. This is not an issue with Crestron custom.
The other thing was that the client had very specific requirements regarding power-up/power-down sequences and special functionality he wanted to have always available via the touchscreen (e.g. Trinnov presets / upmixer selection, etc.).

First, the TSR-310 is very sensitive regarding wifi connectivity when using CH. After waking up, the remote wasn´t often not able to connect to the CH processor. This is not an issue with Crestron custom.
The other thing was that the client had very specific requirements regarding power-up/power-down sequences and special functionality he wanted to have always available via the touchscreen (e.g. Trinnov presets / upmixer selection, etc.).
Hi wei!

Thanks for the reply. So, with CH, there is no way to select an upmixer for an upmixable, audio track that K provides? Does Custom allow presets/upmixer control from the same wifi enabled handheld remote, vs. CH? Is the antenna in the processor the same in CH and Custom processors? Did you try to enhance the signal being sent to the CH processor, by proximity or other?

Thank you very much

FURY

So, with CH, there is no way to select an upmixer for an upmixable, audio track that K provides?
Oh, there is, but it´s not that convenient as the client wanted. You need to switch screens.
CH is very easy to configure and operate if you´re sticking to the bare minimum and standard functionality. As soon as you want to do something outside the box, it becomes cumbersome (but not impossible).
Did you try to enhance the signal being sent to the CH processor, by proximity or other?
It´s a known issue that the TSR-310 is much more sensitive to wifi flaws than it is with Crestron Custom.

I never used ipad. Is 64gb enough for second screen app and any remote apps? Trying to buy from costco ipad air 64gb vs 256gb. I only plan to use to control receivers, ksscape and Lumin mini etc. Thanks.

64Gb should be more than enough for your intended use. The Second Screen App is about 18Mb, IIRC.

Jim

I never used ipad. Is 64gb enough for second screen app and any remote apps? Trying to buy from costco ipad air 64gb vs 256gb. I only plan to use to control receivers, ksscape and Lumin mini etc. Thanks.
I agree with @cinelife that 64gb is adequate for what you intend to do with it. I have had iPads since they were released; I am very confident that the 64gb is enough. More than enough, actually.

I use a 32Gb version, but would never buy one that small again. 64Gb is perfect for a few apps. I run apps like Wikipedia, IMDB, the 2 KScape apps, etc.

Back