• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Kaleidescape Remote

Totally agreed

My nvidia shield, zeedo and Zappiti are all RF and can control via CEC (not to mention TV remotes are only IR fallback primarily now). Blows my mind that the most premium product on the market is so behind.
I was very surprised at this myself. It seems to be an interested design choice for a premium product. I defer to my Apple TV remote for volume and mute, and it's also how I power on and power off my entire system.

Does anyone know of a US dealer who would be willing to ship one of these to the UK? UK dealers are more then willing to sell me one for £150GBP ($189USD) not including postage. I guess I should feel privileged as that is a discount from the distributors RRP of £200GBP ($252USD) but somehow I don't.......

Does anyone know of a US dealer who would be willing to ship one of these to the UK? UK dealers are more then willing to sell me one for £150GBP ($189USD) not including postage. I guess I should feel privileged as that is a discount from the distributors RRP of £200GBP ($252USD) but somehow I don't.......
Why not try eBay US? They pop up for sale regularly there, the seller may ship to the UK :)

PMd

At the risk of being annoying does anyone have to hand the rough shipping weight and dimensions of the boxed remote?

Many thanks.

I use app on android. Is there any advantage to use remote? Also, I am thinking to buy apple ipad if it really worth as well as one of the app only supported on apple. Appreciate input.

I use app on android. Is there any advantage to use remote? Also, I am thinking to buy apple ipad if it really worth as well as one of the app only supported on apple. Appreciate input.
I am typically an android user and purchased IPad second hand and the app experience there is much better for second screen. I like how easy it is to create scenes.

I am typically an android user and purchased IPad second hand and the app experience there is much better for second screen. I like how easy it is to create scenes.
Thanks for sharing. I also never used ipad or any apple products. Thinking to buy one and probably it might help for apple tv as well as I don't see online app for apple tv.

Does it help to go as big as possible for ipad as for as second screen?

Thanks for sharing. I also never used ipad or any apple products. Thinking to buy one and probably it might help for apple tv as well as I don't see online app for apple tv.

Does it help to go as big as possible for ipad as for as second screen?
I dont think going bigger is necessarily better. Big means bulky. I got a 10.5", because it was available inxepensive, second hand. I'd prefer a smaller one that would sit in a tablet holder on my theater chair that doesn't get in the way. Personal preference.

I dont think going bigger is necessarily better. Big means bulky. I got a 10.5", because it was available inxepensive, second hand. I'd prefer a smaller one that would sit in a tablet holder on my theater chair that doesn't get in the way. Personal preference.
Thanks. will look for 10 inches one.

Thanks. will look for 10 inches one.
Ciao Giri!

Of course...but, I am using a 14" MBP M3 with the ability to have concurrent control of my Trinnov 32 and the K-second screen app on the MBP display, -even flying objects on the Atmos tracks can be viewed. Not as lightweight as a tablet, though, but I can also place the MBP on a theatre chair swivel table. User preference.

Thank you very much

FURY

Ciao Giri!

Of course...but, I am using a 14" MBP M3 with the ability to have concurrent control of my Trinnov 32 and the K-second screen app on the MBP display, -even flying objects on the Atmos tracks can be viewed. Not as lightweight as a tablet, though, but I can also place the MBP on a theatre chair swivel table. User preference.

Thank you very much

FURY
Fury, Glad to know. Do you mean bigger size is allowing to see both apps at the sametime to control without switching one app on the screen at a time? Interesting that you can see flying objects on atmos tracks. I guess it is Trinov app that is allowing to see atmos tracks on flying objects. Wow. It is really good to see. I can use Anthem app but it does not provide that kind of details.

Ciao Giri!

Yes! I keep both apps open, but not completely visible on my MBP screen, the way I have them sized, and selecting a "button," on one app or the on the interface background, makes that app "go high," whilst the other app goes partially behind the thence selected app. By selecting, with a mouse click, on a button or part of the background on the interface of the app that has gone "low", that app thence goes high and vice versa for the previously high app. Works a treat for my needs, but not Crestron, which I am leaning toward-just trying to set some time aside for that programming.

Anyone completely satisfied with the Home version of Crestron for Trinnov Alt and K-scape?

thank you very much

FURY

Anyone completely satisfied with the Home version of Crestron for Trinnov Alt and K-scape?
Just migrated a client (with TSR-310) with Trinnov and Kaleidescape from Crestron Home to Crestron Custom. :cool:

Just migrated a client (with TSR-310) with Trinnov and Kaleidescape from Crestron Home to Crestron Custom. :cool:
Hi Zwei!

Could you please indicate which device of the zwei was the impetus to migrate or were there multiple devices/deficiencies that the migration solved?

Thank you very much
'
FURY

Totally agreed

My nvidia shield, zeedo and Zappiti are all RF and can control via CEC (not to mention TV remotes are only IR fallback primarily now). Blows my mind that the most premium product on the market is so behind.
When Vudu first launched in 2007, it was very similar to how Kaleidescape is now. You had to buy their Vudu box which had a 250GB HDD(decent storage for 2007). The movies would first download on the HDD before playback. Well, long story short, it came with an RF remote :) and the box was only $250.

Last edited:
Back