• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New iPhone app for controlling Kaleidescape... SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
OK, I've been testing a very cool new iphone app that allows full control of music AND movies via iPhone. Lots of drool-worthy features.

This one isn't vaporware, it's for real. Been using various beta versions for weeks and it really works. From a new company (not from Kaleidescape)... and from what I hear it will be available very soon in the App Store.

No details that I can yet share regarding pricing or features... but stay tuned. As soon as the company gives me the go-ahead that it's available in the App-store, you'll see a thorough review of it here complete with screenshots.

--josh

p.s. While you're waiting (so cruel, I know)... here's one little teaser.

Take one guess: If you were designing a great iphone remote control for Kaleidescape, what feature would be triggered by shaking your iphone? Think it though, it should be so obvious! :D :D

--josh

Last edited:
your skepticism is understandable, but I have reason to believe the wait for this app's general availability will be quite reasonable.

Clues as to the "shake function" or clues as to release date and features?

The former was guessed correctly - see above.
The latter... sworn to secrecy... i hope for only a very short time.

Josh:

Once the app is up at the AppStore, will we need any additional hardware for the app to function? If other hardware is needed for the app to work properly, can you direct us to what hardware components we should look at acquiring. I wouldn't expect that a generic list of off-the-shelf hardware, not manufactured by the developer, would violate confidentiality terms.

Thanks,
Jay

Once the app is up at the AppStore, will we need any additional hardware for the app to function?
No hardware needed - with the possible exception that if you don't have wifi, you'll need a wifi access point or wireless router. This is (for now) an app that controls Kaleidescape players only, via TCP/IP. It will discover your players on the home network and allow you to control them. It is not intended to replace all your remotes - for instance it won't control your receiver or preamp, select inputs on your TV, etc.

That's excellent news Josh, thanks for the info. I really wanted it to be able to control music selections on the K primarily and this may just fit the job.

Looking forward to your review.

Jay

News is out... and the app is released. It's called Remotescape, and the details are posted here.

Closing this thread so that discussion takes place over on that longer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back