• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Improved Kaleidescape Driver for the Control4 Home Automation System

Alan,

I am enjoying the one click functionality of the Control4 and this app. However, I have peculiar behavior since installing Control4 and the Chowmain App. When I pause a movie and then restart it the aspect ratio will change to 2.35. This triggers the masking, lens, and aspect ratio. This did not occur with the Kaleidescape app of course since these actions were not automated. I can then switch it back manually but this has to be a glitch. I have my AV folks coming back to work on this but any ideas?

Alan,

I am enjoying the one click functionality of the Control4 and this app. However, I have peculiar behavior since installing Control4 and the Chowmain App. When I pause a movie and then restart it the aspect ratio will change to 2.35. This triggers the masking, lens, and aspect ratio. This did not occur with the Kaleidescape app of course since these actions were not automated. I can then switch it back manually but this has to be a glitch. I have my AV folks coming back to work on this but any ideas?

This is the first time anyones reported an issue like this (we sell quite alot of these drivers). Your AV guys will need to submit a ticket to our helpdesk with a description of the problem, a copy of your project (to make sure its not something silly they've programmed in) and driver logs capturing the problem. Once our helpdesk has all the information they will assist your dealer in resolving the problem.

Thanks Alan for the quick reply, I have forwarded to my AV folks. Its reassuring that this is not a common. I'm betting its a Control4 programming error but we will see. I'll post the results once we get this addressed.

I'm surprised; it seems there are many C4 owners here on the forum. If there are any C4/Pakedge dealers on the forum can you please contact me via PM? I have a few questions I'd like to shoot your way.

Just a follow up to my earlier post, the issues I described were as Alan predicted due to a programming error. Apparently there is more than one location in the C4 software for aspect ratio. This was corrected by my AV folks offsite and the C4 and Chowmain app has been working perfectly since Tuesday. I could not now imagine using my Kaleidescape system without it.
Thanks.

Just a follow up to my earlier post, the issues I described were as Alan predicted due to a programming error. Apparently there is more than one location in the C4 software for aspect ratio. This was corrected by my AV folks offsite and the C4 and Chowmain app has been working perfectly since Tuesday. I could not now imagine using my Kaleidescape system without it.
Thanks.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the positive feedback.

I Just installed this driver on my Control4 system and wanted to know if we can program those blank buttons on the touch screen.

We need direct access to movies list, collections and covers and right now I dont see a way to do that. Anyone else figure it out?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 29
Thats not possible, those transport controls you've pictured are automatically populated based on the "proxy" the driver was built with.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure why the developer would leave those important commands out. Especially when there is clearly room for them right where I wrote them in.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure why the developer would leave those important commands out. Especially when there is clearly room for them right where I wrote them in.

A driver developer has no control over what is displayed on those button locations. Depending on what Control4 Driver Proxy the driver is written for, will change what is shown on those buttons. The developer has no control over the wording or icons either. The interface is all preset by control4.

You can access the movie covers directly using the hard button remote. On the drivers properties, map the DVR button to GO_MOVIE_COVERS.

Back