• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Firmware 6.3.1-17124 - Premiere

fritzcurtis

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Just a quick note to turn on all of your K equipment to get the new firmware. Some of my units I leave off if not in use for a while. Firmware just came out May 1st.

Yep, Encore line (at least my Alto) got an update about a week ago. I really wish K had a change log that we could see.

Got mine at 11:05 AM EST today (May 1, 2017)

Got mine at 11:05 AM EST today (May 1, 2017)

Two separate firmware releases within the past week, one for Encore line, the other for Premiere. The 17124 firmware is Premiere, started releasing last week. They usually announce a firmware update that is adding significant functionality, so I suspect this is a normal firmware improvement update.

Jim

Not a normal firmware improvement. Just noticed my 2nd gen Cinema 1's no longer have the digital offers tab for any movies.

This was a very used option with my 2 C1's. Pretty much since they were bastard children and limited to two units paired, any time I scored a boat load of DVD's (local salvage place gets in old Blockbuster Online discs for $0.25-$1 a disc), I go through collections/HD and pick what store movies I no longer need in HD.

It was very easy to select movie, digital offers, download DVD, more, delete movie. Now it's going to take a lot of store clicking.

If this is a move to a consolidation of premier/C1's in prep for single system Encore, I'm all for it. If this may finally do away with the bastard status and let me add a 1U for more storage I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I'm a little peeved it's gone. Did the encore line have this option and is it still there?

Kevin D.

Two separate firmware releases within the past week, one for Encore line, the other for Premiere. The 17124 firmware is Premiere, started releasing last week. They usually announce a firmware update that is adding significant functionality, so I suspect this is a normal firmware improvement update.

Jim

My premiere system is still stuck on 6.3.0-16841...

Mike

Hi Mike, be sure you have a good online connection to K (check the Home page of the web utility, last line in the status/info box on the right side). If you are connected to K, then it's likely that the update hasn't yet reached your Server (it can take awhile to get all systems updated). You might try pushing it by restarting your Server, but better to wait for the update so as to not stress your components unnecessarily (also that's not a guaranteed method to get the update faster). The important point is that if you are connected, it will eventually update.

Jim

Back