• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New DVD Issue

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
The purpose of this post is to report that K is already aware of a new problem with at least two DVDs (there is no need to report this to K support).

The DVD "Reservation Road" apparently reports it's size to the server as 400GB (not the average 6.7GB). If you have enough storage space it will import, but it takes up 400GB.:eek: If you have less than 400GB of remaining storage it will not import and will report "Ran out of disk space."

Another issue is with National Treasure 2. It will import (a little slower than normal) but will only playback by selecting "play movie," NOT "play disk." It also reportedly will NOT playback directly from the player (disk in the tray) as it causes the player to reboot when trying to playback.

If you encounter either problem, be patient, a fix is being worked on and should be available soon. Please keep in mind that this is NOT a K-System issue. Manufacturer's are constantly seeking new methods to protect content and unfortunately, whether intentional or not, this can temporarily cause importing issues until K has an opportunity to work with the offending DVD.

Jim

New Rambo (2008) not importing

Thanks for your post. I ran into the problem with Reservation Road. I am also seeing a problem with the latest Rambo movie from Lionsgate. Should I report that one? It made it to 10 minutes remaining to import and then stopped with a "Problem reading disc" message.

Thanks for the Rambo notice, it has been reported to K. :)

Jim

Is that the movie where Sly says that if K doesn't put out a BR solution in 2009 he's gonna go "Rambo"? :p

Exactly!! (LOL):)

(I don't know about other owners but I now have over 300 BR movies on shelves waiting for import.)

Jim

Here's another. Movie "Teeth" (2008)... imported after about 10 hours, but movie has lots of errors where it just breaks up, gets stuck, skips scenes...

Here's another. Movie "Teeth" (2008)... imported after about 10 hours, but movie has lots of errors where it just breaks up, gets stuck, skips scenes...

That's interesting Josh. I've always been told that once a movie imports, regardless of the length of time to import, it will/should playback w/o any issues. The only playback issues I've ever seen with any of our imports, including our clients, has been because of faulty switches and damaged disks.

Jim

I'll try to rescan it, but it has no visible scratches or dirt, it was scanned moments after opening the brand-new package.

Is that the movie where the girl has teeth in her vagina and wants Blu-Ray on Kaliedescape and threatens to bite... :D

In the spirit of the above Rambo post...

Is there any update on this? When I try to import Reservation Road now I get a message saying "DVD cannot be imported". I am running version 3.6.1-5854, updated on July 7.

Back