• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New DV700 Disc Vault Announced

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Kaleidescape has just announced the release of a new version of the M700 Disc Vault. This new version is only a Disc Vault, it does not have a built Player. It looks the same, is built with the same quality components, but is minus the Player. Of course it still imports CD's, DVD's and BR. The MSRP is $5,495, and there is a 20% trade up credit for those wanting to upgrade from the Modular Disc Vault (KVAULT-10) (MDV).

Also announced, the current M700 Disc Vault (w/Player version) will have a price increase effective January 23rd. The new price will be $6,995.

See your dealer for more details.

Jim

Dealer's requested an M700 without the Player because many of our client's have enough Players already, and only needed the ability to store BR discs. Nice to be able to do this 320 discs at a time, versus using 3+ MDV's!

Jim

Important to note that if anyone is thinking of getting an M700 w/Player, better order before January 23rd, or expect to pay the new higher price for that unit.

Jim

Since that likely requires additional hardware, I would think the LPCM 7.1 internal decoding would come from a new player.

Yup, agree with Mike. Maybe in a future new Player release. That would be nice.:)

Jim

Also announced, the current M700 Disc Vault (w/Player version) will have a price increase effective January 23rd. The new price will be $6,995.

..and the current price is??...and about the trade-up, is that MSRP - 20%, or MSRP - (20%xMSRP of MDV). And can you trade-in an MDV on the M700 with player, or is it restricted to the M700 without player?

How did they slip this one under the forum radar??? They obviously formulated a new radar evading coating for the 3TB and M700 w/out !! What will be next??

Current M700 pricing in US is $5,995.

The DV700 trade up from MDV program is 20% credit off of the msrp pricing of the DV700 (i.e. $5,495 minus $1,099 = $4,396 cost after sending back MDV). It only applies to DV700's not M700's so the answer is "No" you cannot upgrade to an M700.

Just because it wasn't posted, doesn't mean we didn't know, but it might, we might not know, we think we know it all, but we don't, most of the time, but sometimes we "hear" things that might make us think we know, but we don't know for sure, so we don't post, because we might be wrong, in which case we didn't know, when we thought we did.....or something like that....;)

Jim

Jim, obviously a "Yes Prime Minister!" addict, or a lawyer, most likely both!

So today, without a trade-in, the DV700 is only $500 cheaper than the M700. That would make me want to buy the M700 if given a choice, particularly considering its resale value is boosted by the looming price rise.

So today, without a trade-in, the DV700 is only $500 cheaper than the M700. That would make me want to buy the M700 if given a choice, particularly considering its resale value is boosted by the looming price rise.

That's correct, and that's why I recommended buying the M700 to a couple of client inquiries today. After Jan. 23rd the difference jumps to $1,500, with the increase in M700 price. Man, a lot to keep up with...:confused:

Jim

BTW, I do get your point about the info flow, but K has always been known as a company that keeps new product info VERY quiet until release date.

The only reason I sometimes end up knowing something is because of Beta testing, and even then we are not permitted to discuss the product publicly. I have no special connection to info at K. I had no idea the 3TB's were due to be released, but that's the norm at K.

Jim

BTW, I do get your point about the info flow, but K has always been known as a company that keeps new product info VERY quiet until release date.

The only reason I sometimes end up knowing something is because of Beta testing, and even then we are not permitted to discuss the product publicly. I have no special connection to info at K. I had no idea the 3TB's were due to be released, but that's the norm at K.

Jim

The K website seems to suggest that the DV700 connects to your network and does NOT require a dedicated player. There is a suggestion that you can stack the DV700's. Or am I missing something?

Peter

No, you are correct.:)

Jim

The K website seems to suggest that the DV700 connects to your network and does NOT require a dedicated player. There is a suggestion that you can stack the DV700's.

This is correct. There is no requirement to link the DV700 to a player. Nothing more than an ethernet connection is required to the DV700. Multiple DV700s can be added to your system even if you only have one M-class player with which to play Blu-ray content.

Back