• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New Download Feature at the K Store

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
You can now download (in BR quality) any UV movie you purchased from an online retailer (Vudu, Flixster, Target, etc.) directly to your K system. See your store library account for details. (There is no charge for this feature.)

Jim

The feature is even better. Codes from movies purchased in disc form entered into UV give you access to the store download content, if available. I had some movies with codes entered that let me remove Blu-ray Disc from M700.

Basically tighter UV integration.

I dont understand this 'new' feature. How is it different from the current program?

Peter

I see UV supports

Universal, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Lionsgate, BBC.

So this seems like a back door method of adding other media?

The announcement language is:

"Do you own digital movies that you purchased from an online retailer like Flixster, Vudu or Target Ticket? If so you can now dowlonad them at no additional charge to your Kaleidescape System and enjoy them in pristine, un-compressed, Blu-ray quality at home.

Simply visit Your Library on the Kaleidescape Store to see a list of all the movies that are available to you to download and expand your collection."

So, I assume this feature is limited to "online retailers"........

Jim

I dont understand this 'new' feature. How is it different from the current program?

Peter

Before this announcement, could you download UV content from online retailers (not purchased thru the K Store) to your K Server (at no charge)???

Jim

Before this announcement, could you download UV content from online retailers (not purchased thru the K Store) to your K Server (at no charge)???

Jim

No, and it was annoying. UV recognized K, but not vice versa.

So now you can link your vudu content to K.

I checked my library and I now have 5 movies that I can download at no charge that were in my Flixster account but previously would have had to purchase again from K to have on my system.

This is a nice addition!

John

For those who are still confused, here's a breakdown of how it works:

If you have a rights token in your UV Library for a movie that is also available on the Kaleidescape store (and is UV-enabled), you can download it in the same resolution as your UV rights token on up to 2 systems. The rights token does not have to have come from another online retailer. It can be from a DVD/Blu-ray disc that included an UltraViolet copy in the package.

If you have a rights token in your UV Library for a movie that is also available on the Kaleidescape store (and is UV-enabled), you can download it in the same resolution as your UV rights token on up to 2 systems. The rights token does not have to have come from another online retailer. It can be from a DVD/Blu-ray disc that included an UltraViolet copy in the package.

Store actually says you can download these to up to 5 systems.

https://store.kaleidescape.com/offers

John

I just want to know if this suggests there are other studios added to the K? Is seems to me that there are more on UV than K, doesn't this make us half pregnant?

So this offer simply saves a few dollars letting you download a movie that is available at the store. It does not allow the downloading of studios or movies not available in the Kaleidescape Store even though you may have UV Tokens for them?

I'm not getting excited about this. I don't understand what the downside would be for Kaleidescape to allow the downloading of legally owned UV content to the KServer.

Peter

It only applies to studios currently available through the store. However, I assume as new studios are added we will be able to download any titles we already have the uv rights for free.

John

Thanks for the clarification croptop.

Jim

And now for the fun of going through the library to figure out which have UV codes that I've never given two-shakes about in the past. Hooray. Saves the slot-fee though, so there's that, and so far the only ones expired were just WMC copies. My guess is UV hasn't been dominant (let alone around) long enough for too many to be dead.

I cannot get over the fact as K users who use UV only get the studios that are supported by K, but if I use any other UV service you get Sony, 20th C Fox, Paramount, Universal, BBC, etc plus these? Looking at all the marketing on the UV site which now includes K, this is certainly not clear.

https://www.uvvu.com/en/us/where-to-get

Back