• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New Concert Content in the K Store

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I folks, dealer's should have received this info this morning by email. Posting here as well. K has added Eagle Rock Entertainment to the Store:

"We are excited to announce the addition to our Movie Store of concerts and music documentaries from Eagle Rock Entertainment. Eagle Rock is the premier brand in concert films. Their catalog includes concerts by Katy Perry, Monty Python, Peter Gabriel, the Rolling Stones, and Queen.

Concerts have been among the most frequently requested content since we opened the Kaleidescape Movie Store. Over 50 Blu-ray quality Eagle Rock concerts and documentaries across a wide array of genres are available in the Movie Store today. You can see them here. We plan to double that number in the coming months."

(K's CEO)

Jim

I have just downloadet the Eric Clapton Slowhand At 70 - Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
There are so many bugs/error's in the sound. How come Kaleidescape didnt knew about that.!! Wtf..!!

Andre, can you be more specific? (What "bugs/errors"? Dropouts??) I'll download it now myself and check it as well, but if you can post exactly what you are experiencing that would be helpful to K, especially if others are experiencing the same problem with that title.

Jim

I have sampled the first 7 songs with no problems. If there is a specific song you can point me to I would be glad to check.

John

Its the start, i dont jump from song to song.

But i will try to Re-Download it, and see if its still there.

I have now watched from the beginning through the first 3 songs without any problems using DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1.

I hope yours is working by now but if not I would be glad to check some more things for you. Just point me in the right direction.

John

It was fine for me as well. Your experience with downloading again is the reason I tell people to do that before assuming it's the content or a component problem. Glad it's fixed for you, it's an awesome concert.

Jim

Any news about a deal with Paramound Studios and other movie making company's. Its seems to take waaaaay to long and i think its unfair that You & Me (the customers) not being informed of any thing.

Nothing has changed, it doesn't matter how many times people ask the question, the answer will not change. K is still working with Paramount to get their content into the Store. Neither K nor Paramount is going to move any faster just because we hammer them everyday. Studio contracts are complex arrangements, some more than others. The content will be in the Store when both parties are satisfied with the contract terms, and not before, regardless of how many posts, tweets, etc. that impatient people post in social media.

Jim

One other point, I think it's silly that some people, luckily only a couple, feel the need to continually chastise K in public forums and social media as if it's Kaleidescape's fault that a desired Studio is still not in the Store. This silliness from impatient people only serves to give the public the incorrect impression that K doesn't care about Studio support, but looking at how far they've already come in Store content makes it clear that K is actually moving at a relatively quick pace in building the Store, especially given the legal challenges involved in the process. A little more patience would certainly be helpful.

Jim

Jim, I totally agree with this. Also, if you look at the current history of the small studios that have been added that I had never thought Kaleidescape would be able to add it pretty amazing what they have been able to accomplish.

Eagle Rock Entertainment
Music Box Films
Gravitas Ventures
RLJ Entertainment (Image Entertainment)
Weinstein Co/Anchor Bay
Cinedigm
Kino Lorber
Magnolia
The Orchard

It also clear to me that they are pushing forward on all fronts to add content. When Kaleidescape will be successful in adding the last remaining major studios and the rest of the 4K UHD content for the studios that already have HD content is the question.

I just try to enjoy when a new studio is added - like Eagle Rock that was just added. They have be far the most content for concerts (at least in my library). It is going to give me that ability to free up a lot of slots in my vault.

John

It would be nice if all these studios would be available in the UK, I know this is not K's fault but at the moment we are the poor relative. The range of movies in the UK store does not induce me to go the Encore system route, currently using my trusty Oppo 203 for UHD. If when negotiating with studios K could see what can be done about the UK even if it meant a delay in movies being released to the UK store.

I just noticed that Eagle Rock titles that I have downloaded now have "Extras" that match the BR disc versions that I compared. These extras did not show up when I first downloaded.

John

I just noticed that Eagle Rock titles that I have downloaded now have "Extras" that match the BR disc versions that I compared. These extras did not show up when I first downloaded.

John

Wonderful! I love me some Special Features :)

Back