• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEON Studios / Ferrari

I have been waiting for Ferrari. Being new to the K platform it’s interesting how some films are marketed ahead of release and some just appear.

Ferrari is a Michael Mann film but seems to be from NEON Studios. It just released on Apple and Amazon but doesn’t appear on K. I’m guessing they don’t have a content agreement with this boutique studio?

Anatomy of a Fall is another of their films and up for Best Picture this year but not available on K.

Just find it interesting they have deals with Apple and Amazon but not K … obviously they are making good content.

Do you think we will get Ferrari?

Last edited:
There are a bunch of us wanting Ferrari. We have a group of dedicated Ferrari owners here on the Forum that I periodically race with that are waiting for this movie as well, I've already been asked several times to push K to get this movie, as if my asking has some sway with the K Store. I can assure all my friends me asking makes zero difference, it's all contractual. If it's made available to K I'm sure it will eventually be in the Store.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

To wait or not to wait ...

Since I've purchased Kaleidescape I don't think that I've streamed a movie in my theatre but I guess I can suffer an AppleTV movie! haha.

I emailed the store as well asking about Ferrari and NEON in general so hopefully there's enough interest. I'd love to know the behind the scenes of why it wasn't distributed to this platform but others. I wonder if the studio views Kaleidescape as premium content (premium price) although we've seen pricing differences with other titles and timing.

There is so much that goes on in the Kaleidescape black boxes (both literally and figuratively) that fascinates me ...

The frustration experienced by owners regarding content access is driven mostly by existing contracts, distribution rights, and to some extent the whims of the Studios/content owners/distributors. Overall, IMO, the Store does an excellent job at accessing content from these providers as soon as it's known to be available, including updates to prior releases, but there will be some content delays from time to time, it's just the way it is at this end of the industry (currently).

Jim

Agreed, wasn’t being critical of K at all - I’m not frustrated, just how the cookie crumbles. I am very happy with this ecosystem.

I’ve been building a disc, K, and Apple library since no platform has complete coverage of 4K/title content.

With the disc-to-digital program combined with Movies Anywhere/iTunes codes from discs, it has made it very practical to get a title on multiple platforms for a relatively reasonable cost, based on studio of course.

That being said, I’d love to tour the Kaleidescape facilities to hear how the content is procured and produced for the platform as well as talk to some of the product and licensing folks.

Hmm, if I only knew someone that has been associated with K from the beginning … or if these guys (product or licensing directors) would go on the Techthusiasm YT channel … would be so cool to get a peek behind the curtain!

Jim, do you think most of the Ferrari group you mentioned will watch it on Apple or wait for it to possibly hit Kaleidescape? I assume it would take a lot for most of us to actually go to a theatre at this point …

Thanks Jim,

To wait or not to wait ...

Since I've purchased Kaleidescape I don't think that I've streamed a movie in my theatre but I guess I can suffer an AppleTV movie! haha.
My plan has been to hold out as long as I can, buy the disc instead of streaming, and if it eventually does make it to Kaleidescape I'll disc-to-digital it if I want to move it over. If you rent or buy on AppleTV, there's not much chance of porting it over (unless we finally end up with a Movies Anywhere connection again).

Agreed, wasn’t being critical of K at all - I’m not frustrated, just how the cookie crumbles. I am very happy with this ecosystem........

Jim, do you think most of the Ferrari group you mentioned will watch it on Apple or wait for it to possibly hit Kaleidescape? I assume it would take a lot for most of us to actually go to a theatre at this point …

I posted that last comment as a general comment on the current state regarding content, my apology, it wasn't intended to push back against any particular post, just reminding some of the newer members that K does all it can to provide content in demand as soon as possible, including updates. :) (On occasion they'll be proactive to make a particular title available if they have access to it, and they perceive a demand.)

Yes, I know for certain my other Ferrari friends are waiting for a K release, they do not go to theaters, and they don't use Apple TV, or other streaming services. They're patient! (Except when it comes to waiting for an F car production order!🤣)

Jim

This thread has been cleaned up. All comments not related to the subject of the original post have been deleted. I'm also looking into some private messages (sent/forwarded to me) that violate the policies of this Forum regarding respect for other Members and will make a decision regarding the offending Member shortly.

As a reminder to everyone posting here, PLEASE keep your comments respectful when responding to other Members. It's been clearly stated many times, we don't want insulting, name calling, rude comments on this Forum, and posting such comments, publicly or privately toward any Member is cause to be banned from the Forum.

I also want to make it clear that stating an opinion that is critical of a Kaleidescape product or service is obviously permitted, we've had many over the years. This is a Forum, open to those comments as well as positive comments. If someone disagrees with an opinion that's fine as well, and that disagreement can certainly be posted, we only require that it be respectful. Name-calling has no place among friends, that's grade school behavior and will not be tolerated on this Forum.

Thanks for reading, and now back to the original subject of this thread.

Jim

I stopped buying discs after getting K. I will wait for K's release. I use streaming for all South Asian Movies. I wish K somehow got those movies, but the movie studios from India have stopped even producing discs. I think their stance is streaming is good enough.

Asia has some great movies. I would love more content in that genre. There are a lot of titles that are nearly impossible to get streaming on normal services with english subs. I am a fan of Takashi Miike and a lot of his works are tightly controlled and hard to get close to initial release in the US.

There are so many great Asian movies. China, Korea, Japan..

a few that come to mind right off..

Oldboy, Lady Vengeance and all of Park Chan-wook films
Last train to busan
The Good the Bad the Weird

Studio Ghibli - The Boy and the Heron

There are a lot of Bolloywood movies that are awesome.

I am tired of the US movie factory pushing out all the same formula stuff and remaking older movies because they have no orginal ideas. So I think a focus on material outside the US would be good. These content owners might also be a lot easier to work with then the US mega corps.

Asia has some great movies. I would love more content in that genre. There are a lot of titles that are nearly impossible to get streaming on normal services with english subs. I am a fan of Takashi Miike and a lot of his works are tightly controlled and hard to get close to initial release in the US.

There are so many great Asian movies. China, Korea, Japan..

a few that come to mind right off..

Oldboy, Lady Vengeance and all of Park Chan-wook films
Last train to busan
The Good the Bad the Weird

Studio Ghibli - The Boy and the Heron

There are a lot of Bolloywood movies that are awesome.

I am tired of the US movie factory pushing out all the same formula stuff and remaking older movies because they have no orginal ideas. So I think a focus on material outside the US would be good. These content owners might also be a lot easier to work with then the US mega corps.
How do you live? (Aka The Boy and the Heron) is kinda new. It will likely make it to the store soon.

Saawariye is my favorite Indian movie. I am happy it is on the store. I really like the Monsoon Wedding too but it is only in SD here. I would probably discover many more amazing Indian films if they were available on the store.

Train to Busan is available on K! :D

(Or is there actually another film called Last Train to Busan? I didn't see one, but maybe it's a difference in translation of the original title.)
I am pretty sure there is a sequel which isn’t on the Store. I thought it was titled Train to Busan 2 but maybe the original Korean translation is Last Train to Busan.

I am pretty sure there is a sequel which isn’t on the Store. I thought it was titled Train to Busan 2 but maybe the original Korean translation is Last Train to Busan.

Wikipedia says there is a standalone sequel called Peninsula, which is not on the K store.

Wikipedia says there is a standalone sequel called Peninsula, which is not on the K store.
I just checked. Well Go USA released this on 4K disc. I realized now I own this 4K disc (still sealed). I totally forgot about it. The first film was very good. I will watch Peninsula soon.

IMG_4158.jpeg

Last edited:
I just checked. Well Go USA released this on 4K disc. I realized now I own this 4K disc (still sealed). I totally forgot about it. The first film was very good. I will watch Peninsula soon.

Speaking of Well Go USA, I just received my copy of The Villainess. I also had my eye on The Witch and The Witch 2. Anyone have an opinion on them?

I realize I'm getting pretty far off topic from NEON/Ferrari at this point. :/

Back