• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: NBC Universal Now in the Store!!

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
That's right folks, NBC Universal is now in the K Store!! (with more to come!!!):):)

Jim

Just got the email!! Heading to the store now...

I thought they would be adding more after the deadline but I'll take it!

Dear Comcast,

Why don't you include the extras? Aren't you interested in trying to encourage me to upgrade my service for faster downloading of your movies? I was hoping for a [Warner] Brother, but ended up with a Sony-boy.

Just under 3-weeks, just over 3-majors, and yet the charters (particularly WB) are looking to run away with the win as best studios. Because really, who needs to achieve the sterling-standard that is Lionsgate?

PS - Nice to see there are enough titles to cause page buttons, and yet disappointing to learn there is no way to change how many items per page (or to choose all.)

Just did a Bluray uprgade for a $5.99. Funny thing is I have the credit card on file with apple pay (fantastic btw, but that's another story). When I logged into the store I saw that K sent a transaction notice for $1.00, but then two minutes later the $5.99 went through.

Has anyone else every noticed this? Do you think it's a glitch?

My email receipt from K says only shows the one upgrade purchase for 5.99

Just did a Bluray uprgade for a $5.99. Funny thing is I have the credit card on file with apple pay (fantastic btw, but that's another story). When I logged into the store I saw that K sent a transaction notice for $1.00, but then two minutes later the $5.99 went through.

Has anyone else every noticed this? Do you think it's a glitch?

My email receipt from K says only shows the one upgrade purchase for 5.99

Sounds like a general pre authorization charge

That's what I thought but it shows as a transaction on my statement

It's a surcharge for New Yorker's.:D (email support for clarification)

Jim

From what I've seen, every new purchase will put a $1 pending charge, and if you only purchase one movie another pending charge for that movie. I'm not sure if the timeframe, but if you purchase more movies within a set time, the second pending charge will be for the total cost. After a few days the total sticks and the $1 expires.

So it's not a preauthorize charge like normal, but a pending charge that gets reversed.

Thanks for the explanation Kevin. Probably has always happened this way but now that I have apple pay set up on my phone, and use the same card for the k store, I see everything that goes through. I had thought it was a pre-auth card but when I think about it a little strange for digital sales that complete in about an hour (yes Jim our "northern" surcharge gives us some nice download speeds!!)

I would like to suggest to K that the movies that I have UV rights for so up in my "digital offers" page. Currently I haveto search through the new new movies and pick to download. It would be nice if I could choose all of these at the same time as I am going disc-free on all my other movies.

John

I would like to suggest to K that the movies that I have UV rights for so up in my "digital offers" page. Currently I haveto search through the new new movies and pick to download. It would be nice if I could choose all of these at the same time as I am going disc-free on all my other movies.

John

I second this.

K is aware of this request, and in fact had already planned for that support. Stay tuned, this capability should show up soon.

Jim

Is titles that SyFy publishes considered as part of this announcement or separate?

e.g. Battlestar Galactica (2004) Seasons 1 - 4 are not present
e.g. Battlestar Galactica (2004) Razor is present

Cheers

Whats missing? Paramount?

There is more than Paramount missing in the UK.

Last time I looked we hadn't quite hit the Big 500 for the number of films available to download.

The store does appear to have a unique feature among retailers of tv shows.... only 7 out 10 seasons of Friends are available. I can't think of anywhere else all 10 seasons are not available.

Not saying this answers the question regarding apparently "missing" titles, seasons, etc., but keep in mind that obtaining a contract to make movies available at the store involves specific electronic transmission rights, and these rights are typically limited. No studio that I'm aware of makes their full library available, so K, like others obtaining these rights, is limited to titles made available to them for electronic transmission. That said, K has already acknowledged that more titles from these studio's would be added to the store going forward, but this takes time, and the addition of new studios also contributes to delays as K works to add their initial offerings to the store.

We are in the early stages at the Store, with only good things coming down the road........:)

Jim

Back