• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

My 4K Gap Analysis: Disc has 5x the Exclusives of K

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked it out and learned that we do indeed have two editions of King Kong on the store. I won't get into details about why only one of them shows up, but long story short, we're going to look into it because I don't think it's really what's expected.

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked it out and learned that we do indeed have two editions of King Kong on the store. I won't get into details about why only one of them shows up, but long story short, we're going to look into it because I don't think it's really what's expected.
@MikeKobb just making sure I'm on record in case the intention is to bundle or remove a listing:
I'm glad that there are two 4K HDR versions of King Kong on K.
I bought and downloaded both 4K HDR versions of King Kong on K.
I'm VERY happy to do this kind of thing for as many movies as K will treat this way.

PLEASE, make me buy The Abyss again to get the Special Edition. Do it for Aliens while you're at it. Heck, put the 2 additional versions of Avatar in 4K HDR. Make Avatar take up 300GB on my Terra. I dare you. Oh shucks, now I guess I'll need to buy one of those new gigantic Terras...

If you're talking to the powers that be for PJ's Kong Kong, see if they'll add that Atmos track too! (It's one of my favs that doesn't have it). :p

If you're talking to the powers that be for PJ's Kong Kong, see if they'll add that Atmos track too! (It's one of my favs that doesn't have it). :p
Peter Jackson’s King Kong has an Atmos mix? Where can you get this?

Peter Jackson’s King Kong has an Atmos mix? Where can you get this?
My bad, it may have been DTS:X. Whichever immersive mix the disc version got. Just remembered this one was among my fav disc audio mixes (like with 2012) that didn’t get the same track on K.

Not to beat a dead horse, but how do I watch the international cut? I downloaded the film but only have one version available for playback.
Did you download the 4K SDR version? That includes the Extended Edition, I'm not sure if that's the same as the international cut but its the longer version

Did you download the 4K SDR version? That includes the Extended Edition, I'm not sure if that's the same as the international cut but its the longer version
Ah, I only downloaded the 4K HDR10 version. I see it now that I downloaded the 4K SDR. Thank you

For folks mentioning the Abyss formerly in this thread. It popped up in my digital offers labeled as a special edition.

1717282182513.png

Take the Bill & Ted series. Shout Factory publishes the first two in the US, so you'd automatically think they're off the table. But, it appears MGM maintains the digital rights. However, that's not clean cut either. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is available on disc from Shout in the US with Dolby Vision; in the UK it's published by Studio Canal with HDR; the digital release in SDR only. Bogus Journey hasn't been published on 4K disc yet, but is available digitally in 4K SDR. Face The Music is handled on disc and digital directly by MGM, both in 4K SDR.
@Edgar FYI, can I assume that you saw Shout! announced a 4K Dolby Vision release of the Bill & Ted trilogy this morning? This includes updating Face The Music to DV, which was previously only in SDR on disc. Theoretically, K can still update the first two (currently HD) films to 4K SDR on the K Store, but the newly announced set is likely to represent the highest quality releases of all three films.

Back