• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Music Guide Updates Temporarily Suspended

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Music guide updates have been temporarily suspended while a defect is corrected. K had a concern that the defect could negatively affect the system so they have temporarily stopped providing updates to the music guide until the problem is resolved. This is expected to be resolved with a week, probably faster. In the meantime, when importing new music content you will not see the usual the metadata. The Movie guide is not affected.

Jim

Thanks jim. Do they plan to send a mass email to owners?

Doubtful. They don't have email addresses for every owner, but all dealer's should have received this info today. Not really that big a deal, I only posted the info so that owner's would know the reason for any delay in seeing the music data in the guide. I expect this will be fixed quickly.

Jim

I just imported a CD I burned from Amazon and it recognized it right away. So firstly, we're back and secondly, don't know if tweaks were made or it's a fluke, but it would seem we're also better than ever.

K announced today that the issue has been resolved and the corrective software will be distributed over the coming couple of weeks (automatically as usual for those systems that are online).

Jim

The Music Guide messed with some of my previously correctly recognized content. I'm not sure if this is related to the Music Guide update bug, but the error is still evident at this moment.

The Music Guide messed with some of my previously correctly recognized content. I'm not sure if this is related to the Music Guide update bug, but the error is still evident at this moment.

You should send a note to K Support (support@kaleidescape.com) and have them check that issue. Obviously, that should not have happened.

Jim

You should send a note to K Support and have them check that issue....

They can't unravel whatever it was that caused this...need to send them the affected disc, or the images of the liner notes.

They can't unravel whatever it was that caused this...need to send them the affected disc, or the images of the liner notes.

Interesting. I guess some things can not be seen in the logs and require more detail. Sorry my friend. If you do follow up with K, please post what you learn.

Jim

They say: "Occasionally the provider of the music metadata make underlying changes to their data that causes albums to be misrecognized or drop their cover art on Kaleidescape systems. We now have our own proprietary music database so we can override and correct this information. When we looked up the code for this CD, it appear in multiple versions, so we just want to make sure we are inputting the correct track numbers and not stepping on the wrong data."

In my case the underlaying change in the data caused what was previously correctly recognized to be misidentified as a completely different album (by the same artist), not just a different pressing of the same album.

Back