• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Moving content from one server to another

My current system includes 2 full kserver2500 and 1 1/4 full kserver5000
How can I move the content from the 2 full servers to the other server?

Replication.

On the Components Settings page (http://my-kaleidescape/settings_components) just below the MAC address of each server is a link that reads "Replicate from this xU server". If it's not there, you might need to have the replication feature enabled by your dealer.

This document will provide more detail.

It's not there and I don't have a dealer.
What can I do?

Contact Kaleidescape Support:
+1 877-352-5343 Toll Free (US Only)
+1 650-625-6160
7:00am - 5:00pm PT (M - F)

(0) 8081 207585 Toll Free (UK Only)
+44 2030 516267 (London)
2:00pm - 12:00am GMT (M - F)

support@kaleidescape.com

They should be able to sort you out.

Alternatively, there are a number of Kaleidescape Dealers who post on this forum. Perhaps one of them might be able to help.

Contact Kaleidescape Support:
+1 877-352-5343 Toll Free (US Only)
+1 650-625-6160
7:00am - 5:00pm PT (M - F)

(0) 8081 207585 Toll Free (UK Only)
+44 2030 516267 (London)
2:00pm - 12:00am GMT (M - F)

support@kaleidescape.com

They should be able to sort you out.

Alternatively, there are a number of Kaleidescape Dealers who post on this forum. Perhaps one of them might be able to help.

They are out of business!!!

No one answers the phone :(

They are not out of business. Inbound support calls are not currently being answered directly. But if you leave a message, they will respond to you.

Given what you are asking for, an email is definitely the better way to go. When you send in your request, be sure to include your full name, contact information and the serial numbers of your servers since that will be the first thing the support team will need.

And as I mentioned above, if you don't want to go with the Kaleidescape support option, try contacting one of the dealers here on the forum. They may be able to set things up for you.

No dealer can enable replication unless your system can be accessed in their dealer extranet, and it will not be in a dealer's extranet unless THAT dealer is your dealer of record (you can change dealers by sending an email to K Support requesting the change and providing the new dealer's name).

Otherwise, K Support will have to enable the Relication. (There are also some circumstances under which a system, even one in a dealer's extranet, will still need Support to enable Replication).

As I previously posted, the recent personnel reductions have affected Support as well, and currently they are only answering emails and voice messages when they have the time (usually within a day or two).

Jim

No dealer can enable replication unless your system can be accessed in their dealer extranet, and it will not be in a dealer's extranet unless THAT dealer is your dealer of record (you can change dealers by sending an email to K Support requesting the change and providing the new dealer's name).

Otherwise, K Support will have to enable the Relication. (There are also some circumstances under which a system, even one in a dealer's extranet, will still need Support to enable Replication).

As I previously posted, the recent personnel reductions have affected Support as well, and currently they are only answering emails and voice messages when they have the time (usually within a day or two).

Jim

If enabled, do these features work to move things (just BD quality movies) between Stratos and Altos? Thanks. SJ

If enabled, do these features work to move things (just BD quality movies) between Stratos and Altos? Thanks. SJ

Replication is more the 18-wheeler, than the scalpel, approach. As long as you aren't bringing new content in immediately after, you can temporarily delete what you don't want to move, let it replicate "everything" over, and then recover from the trash bin what you really want to keep there.

Replication is more the 18-wheeler, than the scalpel, approach. As long as you aren't bringing new content in immediately after, you can temporarily delete what you don't want to move, let it replicate "everything" over, and then recover from the trash bin what you really want to keep there.

Keep in mind, however, that Encore systems (Strato, Alto, Terra) don't have a trash. Deleting content is permanent. So for Encore, you'll have to replicate everything and then delete from the target system those titles you don't want to move and delete from the source system the titles you did want to move before you group the two devices back together.

Back