• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

movies loading but no sound

MikeG

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I have just purchased a system and have been bulk loading (just loading not watching) for the past two weeks. I recently noticed that some of my movies loaded, but the soundtracks will not play, as if the "mute" button is on.

I first decided to delete the offending movies by placing them in the trash, and then to empty the trash so that I could import them again. However, the system states that the movie is on my list (eventhough I could not see it) and could be played from there, aborting the attempt at re-importing.

Has anyone heard of this? any fix? My dealer is waiting to hear back from Kscape but I thought maybe someone here might know of a solution. The big pain is trying to figure put which movies are bad; so far I've found 6 of 122.

Thanks in advance.

I have just purchased a system and have been bulk loading (just loading not watching) for the past two weeks. I recently noticed that some of my movies loaded, but the soundtracks will not play, as if the "mute" button is on.

I first decided to delete the offending movies by placing them in the trash, and then to empty the trash so that I could import them again. However, the system states that the movie is on my list (eventhough I could not see it) and could be played from there, aborting the attempt at re-importing.

Has anyone heard of this? any fix? My dealer is waiting to hear back from Kscape but I thought maybe someone here might know of a solution. The big pain is trying to figure put which movies are bad; so far I've found 6 of 122.

Thanks in advance.

As far as the video and no audio issue goes, I have seen this. It happens when an audio format is chosen, say DTS for example, and the audio processor/receiver does not support it or it's not set up correctly.

How is your system set up? How is video being sent to the display? Are you using HDMI? Component? How is audio being sent? HDMI? COAX? TOSLINK?

As far as the issue with the Trash Can, that I have never seen.

Both the video and audio are being sent to the receiver via a single HDMI 1.3 cable. The receiver is an older Pioneer Elite 82, and the monitor is a Pioneer Elite 141. I will have to check which audio format is being used later (I'm at work.)

I am in "discussions" with my local HT guy for an upgrade: Meridian's G68xx. I would have hoped that this was a choice and not a necessity.

Second issue that I also believe is HDMI related: when I switch between HDMI imputs (Kscape, Bluray, Fios) I often get a "snow storm" appearance on my TV. The only way to fix it currently is to switch multiple times between the different sources and eventually it will resolve, or restarting Kscape.

I never thought it could be this difficult...

(moving this to the hardware thread, sounds like a setup issue rather than import issues on the discs.)

Back