• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Studios, who is left?

Yetis

In case this is not understood, the K Store WILL be getting additional studios and content. I'm not at liberty to post any details (not that I have a lot to post), but the Store will continue to grow over the coming months.
Jim

So who is left? We know that Disney is out. Fox is one. Who controls the Bond flicks and the Star Trek movies? Collectively they are +30 disks that would be great in the K store!

I see that the James Bond rights might be changing hands? There was an earlier thread that Pixar was leaving.

Thanks

Bond is MGM. Those are now available as UV titles, but K apparently doesn't have a deal with MGM.

There are some small independent Studio's, but the remaining large studios are Fox (News Corp) and Paramount (Viacom), not sure where to place MGM.

Jim

Quick question, what thread are you referring to when you said "Pixar was leaving"?

Cheers

So who is left? We know that Disney is out. Fox is one. Who controls the Bond flicks and the Star Trek movies? Collectively they are +30 disks that would be great in the K store!

I see that the James Bond rights might be changing hands? There was an earlier thread that Pixar was leaving.

Thanks

MGM is a problem studio for UV, as they do not fully participate. Only a small subset of their titles are UV and I don't think I've ever found one that was eligible for disc-to-digital. I've run my entire library through Vudu's disc to digital scanner at least once a year and most recently picked up another 43 eligible films. Eligibility has definitely expanded a lot since the program began, but not when it comes to MGM. Even now that there are UV releases of all the Bond films, there is no disc-to-digital option.

Back