• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Store Gift cards

JDMav

Would be great for family and friends to be able to buy me gift cards to spend on new movies. Would love to receive a few of these on xmas morning knowing the January sales were just around the corner.

I've been told they'll have to have your email address for your account and go through your dealer to have credits added to your account. The dealers don't make money on this and may not be inclined to be as helpful. Don't hold your breath on gift cards, it's been discussed for years with nothing rolled out.

Gift cards are on the lower end of priorities for K at this point, maybe someday that will change. In the meantime, as noted by StanfieldNC, all Store credit orders (in $100 increments) are placed by contacting the Dealer. Although it is true that some Dealers have zero interest in processing these types of "no margin" orders, many others understand this is a part of supporting the client and will likely help with he purchase. (It is also correct that all they need is the owner's Store account email.)

Jim

Gift cards are on the lower end of priorities for K at this point, maybe someday that will change. In the meantime, as noted by StanfieldNC, all Store credit orders (in $100 increments) are placed by contacting the Dealer. Although it is true that some Dealers have zero interest in processing these types of "no margin" orders, many others understand this is a part of supporting the client and will likely help with he purchase. (It is also correct that all they need is the owner's Store account email.)

Jim
I recently had a dealer tell me:

It's my understanding that the 'Dealer of Record' with whom you purchased your Kaleidescape system from is the only one authorized to add Movie Store credits to your account registered with Kaleidescape.

Do you know if there is truth to this?

K prefers you use your dealer because they have an account and it's easier for K to just bill their account, or charge a business card already on file. It does NOT have to be the original dealer, it's supposed to be the current "Dealer of Record" (meaning the Dealer that has your account in their Dealer Extranet) because the order needs to be placed from the Extranet (electronically).

I'm not sure what they do if someone does not have a Dealer (went out of business, or no longer wants to deal with their old dealer, etc.), but I would think K would need to process the Order directly, although I'm not sure if "Sales" does that anymore.

I hope that makes sense.

Jim

Thanks for letting me know. In reality I can’t see any of my family members wanting to do that - seems a bit of a hassle and not very ‘Christmassy’. I’ll prob end up with an iTunes gift card 🙈

agreed - this topic has been mentioned in person to dealers and K reps on more than a few times, videos, and podcasts. No family member is going thru this arduous or cumbersome process. My dealer and I proposed solution options to the territory reps and company employees we met at CEDIA about a much better method on this but doesn't seem to have hit the ground swell that level to take action yet

My e-mail address is on file and shows the dealer of record for my system. My family could go to a place on the K home page for gifting and enter my name and e-mail address (if they needed more info including home address that's fine too) along with the amount and a gift message. The KScape database either is or needs to be robust enough to know who the dealer record is in order to get their credit. If there is no dealer of record then no dealer gets credit for it as there is no one supporting that customer. How about at least putting out a survey of customer interest on this forum or others rather than just relegating it to 'low/no prioirty' and just only asking dealers for input. The customers are what make this product successful and a source for enthusiasts so there should be more ground level interaction for a feature request like this than this type of reaction. If every other industry has this figured out anything else is a copout IMO

Back