• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Store Access On Device

Blackdevil77

The fix for this is probably super simple, I just can’t figure it out. I went into settings and didn’t see anything that would change this. How can I fix this? This is the message I get whenever I try to go to the Kaleidescape store from the device itself. I can download movies and browse on the app and all of that works, I just can’t on the device itself2C463086-7BC0-47B3-8D7A-867C807E96E0.jpeg

That dialog is an indication that the local database (that resides on your server) that enables access to the OSD store hasn't fully updated yet. If it persists for more than a hour or so then you should contact our Support team so that they can look into the issue. Odds are something (either a network/firewall configuration issue or something in the headend) is preventing that database from downloading the updated data that it needs.

That dialog is an indication that the local database (that resides on your server) that enables access to the OSD store hasn't fully updated yet. If it persists for more than a hour or so then you should contact our Support team so that they can look into the issue. Odds are something (either a network/firewall configuration issue or something in the headend) is preventing that database from downloading the updated data that it needs.

Interesting. I’m gonna have to contact support it looks like, it’s said that since last night when I first hooked up the system

I wonder if it is caused by bad DNS resolution? I've seen this cause failures when attempting to download the movie guide.

If you haven't tried, assign your server a static IP address (even if for temporarily) and use 8.8.8.8 for your primary DNS server. Let your server sit for an hour or two and see if this helps at all.

Good luck,
Andy

I wonder if it is caused by bad DNS resolution? I've seen this cause failures when attempting to download the movie guide.

If you haven't tried, assign your server a static IP address (even if for temporarily) and use 8.8.8.8 for your primary DNS server. Let your server sit for an hour or two and see if this helps at all.

Good luck,
Andy

I did set a static IP for both the server and the player. I'll try that for the DNS server and see if it makes a difference. Just tried calling support, they had me leave a message with my callback information.

I was on the phone with tech support, and it just popped up and started working while on the phone before we even started troubleshooting. I wish I knew what was going on so I could report it here, but I really have no idea.

I was on the phone with tech support, and it just popped up and started working while on the phone before we even started troubleshooting. I wish I knew what was going on so I could report it here, but I really have no idea.

Did you make any changes to your network settings before this “just fixed itself”? Something has to explain it

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you make any changes to your network settings before this “just fixed itself”? Something has to explain it

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't do anything. All the network settings were finished that morning (setting static IP's etc). I hit "Movie Store" on my remote and the error came up, called tech support, left my info for them to call me back. I went and did something else, and they called me back a half hour later, and the error was still on the screen. While speaking to the tech, the movie store just popped up.

Back