• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Extras.. Inconsistent?

adidino

I've notice a couple of my titles do not include extras on the standard Blu-ray quality title but the physical media includes them. An example is Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian. Lots of cool extras and outtakes on the original disc but nothing on the K version.

That will not be the last time you find a difference between the download version and the physical disc, unfortunately. When the studios make the extras available to K, we will get them with the download. While many titles come with all the extras, some do not, but get updated at some later date (or not).

Jim

This is generally a licensing matter. All of those extras on the disc are individual pieces of content, and each has to be appropriately licensed for distribution in whatever medium is being sold. Some studios license and distribute the same extras for electronic sale that they do for physical media, while others do a subset or none at all.

We always aim to provide extras, provided that they are available to us.

It’s been my experience that physical media often has more content then digital versions. Besides just extras it’s not uncommon that when physical media has two versions of a film (theatrical and unrated or directors) they are often sold separate on digital. This has been improving over the years but physical still wins out in many cases.

I’m not 100% sure here, some one correct me, but I think films like Deadpool and Fantastic Beasts offer alternative cuts of the film included with the theatrical purchase but I didn’t see where K store included them or even offered as additional purchase. But someone confirm and let us know.

When I purchased Alita, the extras were listed in the movie information. A ton of them! I had only downloaded the 4K HDR version, and decided to also download the HD version in case I need to do that. Still no extras! Looked today and the extras are no longer listed in the movie information. Seems they shouldn't change this AFTER purchase?

I didnt take note of the extras when I pre-ordered but if K did change the content details after preorder then you prob have the right to request a refund. I personally bought the K and physical disc version for various reasons.

Last edited:
I don’t believe we’ve ever listed extras on the movie store for this title. Are you sure that you didn’t see it somewhere else?

With that being said, I understand that extras are in the works. Should be there soon.

I don’t believe we’ve ever listed extras on the movie store for this title. Are you sure that you didn’t see it somewhere else?

With that being said, I understand that extras are in the works. Should be there soon.

Regardless, the are now showing which is good news! How do I get these? Re-download? Thanks!

Yes, just re-download it, as we do with any title that is later updated. (delete the previous version)

Jim

Yes, just re-download it, as we do with any title that is later updated. (delete the previous version)

Jim

I guess the question is about extras (vs. the actual movie). Sometimes you see a separate download for supplemental stuff. Do you need to download the HD movie just to get the extras? I guess in a perfect world you could download the 4K movie and just the HD extras vs. the entire HD movie? Maybe it doesn't work that way, but wanted to check. Thanks. SJ

I should download the HD version to get the extra ? I own the HDR for Alita hope it get ATMOS ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the question is about extras (vs. the actual movie). Sometimes you see a separate download for supplemental stuff. Do you need to download the HD movie just to get the extras? I guess in a perfect world you could download the 4K movie and just the HD extras vs. the entire HD movie? Maybe it doesn't work that way, but wanted to check. Thanks. SJ

It seems to depend on the quantity of Extras whether they are split out to a separate file. The only way I have been able to tell is to actually start the HD download and see if it has a separate file for Supplements. If it does, you can just download them and not worry able downloading the movie file.

John

Yes, in the case of Alita, you need the current HD version of the title to get the extras.

If you've previously downloaded the HD version without extras, please delete it and re-download. If you have the 4K version, download the HD version as well to get the extras.

This whole delete & re-download thing is clumsy and we're working on improvements. No timeline that I can share at this point, but we definitely know it's not a smooth experience.

Yes, in the case of Alita, you need the current HD version of the title to get the extras.

If you've previously downloaded the HD version without extras, please delete it and re-download. If you have the 4K version, download the HD version as well to get the extras.

This whole delete & re-download thing is clumsy and we're working on improvements. No timeline that I can share at this point, but we definitely know it's not a smooth experience.

Thx Mike yes I am sure we will get this auto update and K will find a way

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray! Been holding off on an Alita purchase on K due to the lack of both extras AND Atmos. Now that the extras are finally being listed, I'm in for a purchase. Hoping they get Atmos soon too as it's one of the film's best features but I'll take what I can get for now. :)

Speaking of extras, anyone have any insight (or guesses) as to why Captain Marvel didn't include any of the extras? Most recent Disney/Marvel titles include them, so it doesn't seem like a Disney studio decision. I was hoping that they'd eventually pop in, but that seems less and less likely... :/

It's something we're working on. I can't really get into details but suffice it to say that we hope to add them in time.

Back