• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

mixing M players and Non-Bluray players

ekohn00

Could someone tell me what would I expect to see if I add a M500 to a system with older units. I assume the M500 has a nicer menu and plays everything. But what would happen on the older units with non-bluray movies?

thanks.

The M-class Players do improve the OSD, and have some other improvements and capabilities (like BR playback). Adding one to your system will not affect the other Players, they will still have the same OSD and playback capabilities, they will not playback BR. BR can only be imported and played back by M-Class Players. You can also download BR quality from the K Store and playback on the M500 (or M300).

Jim

Thanks Jim. Does the older player show the bluray movies on lists of box views? knowing my luck my wife would pick a bluray on the old player and yell when it doesn't work.

No, if the player does not support BR or HD then those movies do not show up in any of the lists or cover art.

To comment on Jim's point, I had a 1st gen cinema one that did not do BR. I thought the menus and cover art were very good - until I added an M700 to it and saw the HD menus and cover art.

John

You bring up a good point John. Based on the post, I assumed the OP has a system that is able to add in M-class Players, which may not be the case.

Jim

Back