• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Missing M 500

todo

Need help if someone can - Thanks
I have a Terra with Strato C (Encore System)
A 3U Server, Disc Vault (used in a downstairs system to play BD) and M500 (Used in my theater using Costar (Premier System)
The Encore and Premier are connected using a Lumagen Costar License in my Theater.
On my movie covers I see all my movies both Encore and Premier
I can play all the movies
But on my Kaleidescape iPad App I see players as:
1. Strato C
2. Disc Vault
The M500 is missing - this is in case I want to catalog the disc or pay it in the theater

I don't know how to get the iPad to see the M500 and will appreciate any help.

This is normal. I have an m300 paired with a Strato C that doesn’t show up as a separate “zone” on the 2nd screen app since it is paired with the Strato. My M700 disk vault and all my Strotos show up as separate “zones”

John

This is normal. I have an m300 paired with a Strato C that doesn’t show up as a separate “zone” on the 2nd screen app since it is paired with the Strato. My M700 disk vault and all my Strotos show up as separate “zones”

John
THe M500 has a BD Disc Tray unlike the M300 which is only for playback from the Server.
The M500 needs to show up as it can be used to play physical discs within the K Ecosystem and to catalog discs.
I was able to see it a few months ago and used it to catalog discs but for some reason now I don't.

Have you tried putting a disc in the tray to see if you get any indication or if it will automatically import to your 3U?

John

Have you tried putting a disc in the tray to see if you get any indication or if it will automatically import to your 3U?

John
I put a BD Disc in my DV700 Vault and the Disc got rejected.
So I decided to put the disc in the M500 and get it catalogued.
And then found out that the M500 is missing on my iPad Interface - also in the past when I put a Disc on the M500 on the Projection Screen a message would come reading disc and then the disc menu would pop up to play the disc or Catalog which it does not.
Funny that in the theater with the M500 is connected to the Stratos with Costar (Lumagen) I can watch the HD content on the 3U Server so the M500 is actually doing he work but is missing the interface.
I can see the M500 in the Premiere web interface no problems.
But on the iPad interface - I only see the Stratos (which is in the theater) and the DV700 (which is in the living room) as the players.

When an M-class player is paired using Co-Star, it does not show up as an individually controllable player anymore. The Strato controls it fully. If it showed up separately, it would be possible to disrupt Co-Star playback inadvertently by trying to directly control the player.

You can still do disc-in-tray playback through the paired Strato. When you put a disc into the M500’s tray, the Strato OSD behaves as if the Strato itself had the disc tray.

I don’t remember whether the Strato is supposed to show the option to catalog the disc or not. I will check on that.

I checked this last night on my own Co-Star paired system. The Strato OSD showed the option to import the disc, but not an option to catalog it. I did my check with a DVD rather than a Blu-ray Disc because I didn’t have an un-imported BD handy, but I think the behavior should be the same.

@J.Green was kind enough to help me test a couple of configurations that I was not set up to check. What we can confirm is the following:
  • With a paired Strato + M500, the onscreen display of the Strato will show both an Import and a Catalog option for a Blu-ray disc inserted into the paired M500 (see the screenshot below).
  • An un-paired M500 shows the same options in its onscreen display.
  • With DVDs, if the Premiere system has DVD import rights, only an import option is shown. This is because imported DVDs don't require disc presence to play.
  • If you are connected to the Strato with the Second Screen app, the app presents the same options that the Strato OSD shows, including both Import and Catalog for a Blu-ray disc.
  • If you catalog a Blu-ray disc in the M500 and later insert it into the M700/DV700, the disc will be imported (assuming that the component is able to read the disc -- I know you said that there was an issue with the disc you were using)
image.png

I hope this helps!

Mike,
Thanks for the advise and the input - I will test this out this weekend when I am using my theater and will report back.

Back