• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Merry Xmas from James Cameron

Unfortunately, The Abyss (on K) is in DTS 5.1 while the disc is in Atmos (see Blu-Ray.com). That really just sucks as this movie was MADE for 3D audio. I wonder if there is any chance there will be an upgrade to Atmos?

Just finished the Abyss in the home theater 133" 2.35 screen and 7.2.4 atmos soundstage with a Sony XW6000es. I know the 4k cut may be a concern to some due to finishing touches and 5.1 may be a letdown, but this was the best I've ever see it after having to catch it for years on TV only.

I'm sure the Atmos track will be way more immersive and I won't be surprised if it releases in the next month. The 5.1 track was mixed well and was still more immersive than I imagined it would be.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Just finished the Abyss in the home theater 133" 2.35 screen and 7.2.4 atmos soundstage with a Sony XW6000es. I know the 4k cut may be a concern to some due to finishing touches and 5.1 may be a letdown, but this was the best I've ever see it after having to catch it for years on TV only.

I'm sure the Atmos track will be way more immersive and I won't be surprised if it releases in the next month. The 5.1 track was mixed well and was still more immersive than I imagined it would be.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Thanks for sharing. I’m anxious to watch it soon after remembering it as one of my favorites from years ago.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I do a search for "The Abyss" in the store, only the HDR version shows up.
I think this is a quirk with how the store presents the quality levels when browsing. If a title has a HDR or UHD option you will only see those even if an HD version is available as well. If you click on a specific title all versions are shown.

So what does everyone think of the quality of these releases? I have heard complaints from those that purchased the 4K of True Lies and Aliens on a streaming platform, saying that the appearance of faces is "waxy". Not sure if that is an artifact of streaming or not. I am glad for the 4K upgrade, but I am curious what the more discriminating and critical cinemaphiles in this group think?

Watched True Lies last night and the video was great. No complaints. (I remembered the movie being much, much better than what we experienced last night. But maybe my tastes have changed in the last 30 years!!

Watched True Lies last night and the video was great. No complaints. (I remembered the movie being much, much better than what we experienced last night. But maybe my tastes have changed in the last 30 years!!
It's funny you say that. I remember it being not so good, but with all the hype leading up to it the last few months I thought maybe it was just me not remembering as well. It's entertaining, but not an all time great. The Abyss, to me, is a great movie.

It's funny you say that. I remember it being not so good, but with all the hype leading up to it the last few months I thought maybe it was just me not remembering as well. It's entertaining, but not an all time great. The Abyss, to me, is a great movie.
One of my favorites as well - but then again, I haven't seen it in a very long time. Though I have downloaded it, I will wait to watch until the sound is upgraded to Atmos - which I hope is much sooner than later.

Back