• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

Marketplace Request

BenNat

Could for-sale items still available be given sticky status or something to indicate the item(s) is still available and once sold be removed from such status? This would be helpful in both looking to buy and for those trying to sell. If I have overlooked something that tells you this type of info please forgive my request. Thank you in advance.

We (me and Josh) constantly request that Seller's let us know when their components sell, or are no longer available (either indicate "Sold" in the last post, or PM me and I'll close the thread. Otherwise, I scan the "For Sale" threads and when no activity exists for at least two weeks, I reach out to the Seller for an update. If I do not get a response within a few days, I usually close and lock the thread.

I agree that "clearing out" sold/closed threads would help in searching, but I think some folks like to see what asking prices existed historically to get a sense of how to price components they plan to sell. Still, perhaps something can be done to make the shopping easier, I'll speak with Josh.

Jim

We could have a separate section for completed deals to move them over to once the thread is closed if we want to clear out the marketplace a bit.

Understood, Josh is looking into a solution.

Jim

Thanks guys (moving this thread to marketplace section.)

Jim's answered exactly as I would have in this case. I completely agree that "still active" threads should be highlighted or sectioned off in some way. But the only way we know if they're still active is if the seller tells us or posts again in the thread, and that only happens like 10% of the time.

Jim's great at reaching out to ask them if it's still active, but many people just don't respond.

So unfortunately, it's really labor-intensive to check with the sellers and then edit their post, move them or re-title them, or whatever... so that's why we posted a "sticky" that begs sellers to come back and let us know if the items are still for sale.

I wish there were a good way to do this automatically, but I haven't figured out a way yet.

BUT, there's a way to identify threads that are locked, meaning that we DID hear back from the seller and we've locked that thread. In the far left column of the list of posts in the marketplace, if you see a padlock on the icon, then that item DEFINITELY is sold and no longer available. But, as pointed out, the lack of a padlock icon doesn't always mean the item really is still available. So it's not perfect, but can at least stop you from clicking on about 50% of the posts where the item is gone.

With regard to removing old sales entirely, way back when, I did start to remove old listings, and I got complaints that people do like to see the historic pricing. Putting them in another section is a possibility, but is pretty time consuming to move them... but I can try to work on that.

Sorry I don't have a better solution on this yet, but will keep thinking through it.

--josh

--josh

Back