• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Marantz Strato Dolby Atmos

SJHT

We have a Marantz 8805 in our family room zone connected to a Sony OLED. I had two HDMI outputs running from the Marantz to the TV. One Arc and another normal. I really ended up not using the second, but it was still connected. Most of the time when playing a 4K Dolby Atmos movie, I could not get the Marantz to accept the audio signal being Dolby Atmos. 4K video was fine, just the audio was not correct. Finally I turned off the dual video output from the Marantz to only one video output. Dolby Atmos now works fine all the time from the Strato. What was strange was that other 4K Dolby Atmos worked fine from sources like ATV, but just not the Strato. Maybe because of the Strato begin full DD va. DD+ or something. Anyway, just FYI if there are other Marantz users out there that are using the dual output. Likely HDMI EDID craziness! SJ

I have an 8805 as well (#LOVE) and I am also using the dual-output, but the second to a PJ. Never any problem with the Strato (or Premiere through Co-Star) audio output. Only issues I get is that the PJ is only 1080P so I have to force the Strato into HDMI 1.3 mode when I want to use it. Curious....why would you connect both outputs to the same TV? Can't think of any benefit to doing that....?

I had issue with the input on the Marantz seemingly switching by itself at one point and put it in to test. Forgot about it after that. Lol. User error. :)

Back