• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Mad Men eligible for D2D upgrade?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
anyone happen to know if the Mad Men TV series, if owned & cataloged from blu-ray discs, would then be eligible for cheap upgrade to BR-quality digital via the store?
I haven't bought the blu-ray drive, but might if i could import these discs and convert to digital license.
If yes, anyone know the price vs. just buying the TV seasons on K store? Looks like each season is around $15 on K-store right now if you purchase the seasons outright without having previously owned the discs.

I know I've said i wouldn't buy TV series from K until they fix their terrible TV season/series interface, but the only other way to watch Mad Men right now is on Amazon Prime's terrible "FreeVee"sub-brand streaming service, and that thing forces commercials on you that you can't skip. So it's come down to which is more annoying - forced commercials from FreeVee or Kaleidescape's awful TV series interface. We're through season 3 and are starting to go crazy with the forced commercials.

Hi Josh, I saw your post and I just cataloged my Mad Men complete series Blu-ray box set, it populated a price of $9.94 per season for me. If you have the box set already it also comes with a digital code as well, so if you are not happy with the K-Scape offer or interface, you can also watch it digitally via Vudu. The box set is currently $104.99 on Amazon, so buying all 7 seasons from K-Scape is still the same price @ $14.99 per season but if you already own the box set it's an ok deal @ $5 off per season.

Hi Josh, I saw your post and I just cataloged my Mad Men complete series Blu-ray box set, it populated a price of $9.94 per season for me. If you have the box set already it also comes with a digital code as well, so if you are not happy with the K-Scape offer or interface, you can also watch it digitally via Vudu. The box set is currently $104.99 on Amazon, so buying all 7 seasons from K-Scape is still the same price @ $14.99 per season but if you already own the box set it's an ok deal @ $5 off per season.
awesome, thanks so much @MiaG, and welcome to the forum! This is exactly what i was looking for. Very helpful.

It's been fun rewatching the whole Mad Men series, and for those who haven't seen it, or for those who haven't seen it since it first aired, i really recommend it if you're looking for a show to binge.

Last edited:
awesome, thanks so much @MiaG, and welcome to the forum! This is exactly what i was looking for. Very helpful.

It's been fun rewatching the whole Mad Men series, and for those who haven't seen it, or for those who haven't seen it since it first aired, i really recommend it if you're looking for a show to binge.
I'm happy I could help, you're welcome, and thanks for the welcome to the forum!
Hope you enjoy your re-watch of Mad Men, it's a phenomenal show!

Back