• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 Web Server Issue?

Calm-One

Has anyone else had difficulty loading into the web server on their system? Especially an M700?

I realize that OS, browser changes, Java, and anti malware may be contributing factors, but I am stumped.

The M700 pings properly, and is listening on port 80 (telnet to that port works). I imagine that it is also communicating to the cloud just fine, though that may be a different service all together (it should source from a high level TCP/UDP port - not 80) I imagine.

But with personal firewalls, anti malware disabled, using the latest Chrome and IE, I get a redirect to /home and then nothing.

This situation may have existed for some time, I only went to use the web server as I wanted to purge out some 20th century Blu-rays that were now downloaded from the store removing the duplication.

Weird

To use the K browser interface you need to connect to the server not the M700. You can do this by typing in "my-Kaleidescape.local" in you browser? The other way is to type in the IP address of your server - "192.168.1.xx".

I hope this helps.

John

The other component is the 3U server; I should have mentioned that.

It pings well and it is listening on port 80 as well.

What I did learn is if I attached a older laptop I had that was running Windows 7 which still has a IE 9 browser and java appropriate to that age (just a few years ago), connectivity was immediate.

Has anyone found anything in modern workstations/tablets that is preventing connectivity from Windows 8.1/10, IE 10/11 and Chrome, and Java.

Does anyone know if there an "officially supported" browser/java version list from K?

I highly suspect it is the Java version in use...

No, it's not Java. The only thing the K server uses that's Java is the remote control applet. The rest of the server itself is fairly straightforward HTML.

You've got a busted network or are doing something wrong (like you're just plain trying the wrong IP of your server or something). Any browser from modern times pointed at a working K server should yield a reasonable result, in my experience.

--Donnie

I guess I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do. If you are trying to send control commands to the M700, then the port should be 10000.

If it is just the K browser interface, then all browsers I have tried worked - I.E., Chrome, Safari, Firefox - as long as you have the right IP address of your 3U.

John

Last edited:
If you go to the user interface of one of the players in your system (on your TV), and open the Main Menu, then scroll right to System, choose Status, and then select "System Summary", the last line in the summary information is "Browser interface URL". Double check that to be sure that you're going to the correct IP address.

What others have written is correct: we only use Java for the player control applet (and we use a tiny, invisible Flash movie to make a "ding ding ding" sound if you have the Import tab open when a disc finishes importing). Otherwise, it's straightforward HTML and JavaScript.

Hope that helps!

Back