• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 Calibration issue

Teammac1

Hello.

Having an issue with my M700 in what I believe is a calibration or some sort of adjustment issue.

A little history on the unit: Purchased used and unit wasn't accepting or reading disc. Opened the vault and cleared a jammed disc. Cleaned the rollers back to bright white. "Lifters" are working perfectly. Drive reads and imports discs perfectly. Removed all discs, did full inventory reset back to vault empty reading (320 available slots).

The issue is when I insert a disc, the vault accepts it but when it gets to the drive, it's one slot off to the right. If I quickly move the one disc to the slot on the right when the rollers are moving, the drive accepts the disc just fine. When I eject the disc, it ejects fine, the carousel brings the disc back to the front. and now won't eject because it's one slot off. If I don't move the disc at the drive, it doesn't accept it and the vault brings the disc back to the front to check if a disc is there. That happens twice before the disc is ejected.

The drive appears to be aligned and I don't see where I could adjust it enough to fix. Is there an adjustment possible with the carousel? Any suggestions or help are appreciated.

Hello.

Having an issue with my M700 in what I believe is a calibration or some sort of adjustment issue.

A little history on the unit: Purchased used and unit wasn't accepting or reading disc. Opened the vault and cleared a jammed disc. Cleaned the rollers back to bright white. "Lifters" are working perfectly. Drive reads and imports discs perfectly. Removed all discs, did full inventory reset back to vault empty reading (320 available slots).

The issue is when I insert a disc, the vault accepts it but when it gets to the drive, it's one slot off to the right. If I quickly move the one disc to the slot on the right when the rollers are moving, the drive accepts the disc just fine. When I eject the disc, it ejects fine, the carousel brings the disc back to the front. and now won't eject because it's one slot off. If I don't move the disc at the drive, it doesn't accept it and the vault brings the disc back to the front to check if a disc is there. That happens twice before the disc is ejected.

The drive appears to be aligned and I don't see where I could adjust it enough to fix. Is there an adjustment possible with the carousel? Any suggestions or help are appreciated.
I have one opened up at home. When I get home after work, I'll look and see what I can figure out.
I think there is an optical sensor that tells it where to stop by counting slots.
Is it over traveling by one slot or under traveling?

Thank you for the reply. It's over traveling one spot.
If I remember correctly, there are little tabs on the bottom of the carousel that are the sensor targets. If one of them is broken off, it seems it would over travel one slot.
Let me confirm.

Could it be that the drive itself is off it´s correct position?
There´s a calibration procedure in the knowledge base. Basically what you do is to lose the screws of the disk drive, then slide in a disk into the pinch rollers halfway into the drive. As the drive is moveable, the disk should align the drive to the correct position. Then fasten the drive´s screws.
However, being a full slot off seems to be too much for this procedure...

I don't think the drive is out of position because the kicker/lifter arm is working in the slot to the left. What's odd is the carousel slows to the right spot aligned with the drive, then immediately over travels the one slot.

Is there any procedure to align or adjust the actual carousel?

Is there any procedure to align or adjust the actual carousel?
I looked for it, but all i could find is the disk calibration procedure i described in earlier post.
I would reach out to K technical support.

I'm going to remove the carousel later today and check the sensor targets flitebynite suggested. If the sensors look good, K support is my next move.

To be honest, i would do it the other way round.
K support is usually pretty good and pretty quick. Could prevent you from the hassle of removing the caroussel.

K support is quick! They believe the carousel was previously removed and not put back in the exact spot. They suggested I mark the position and remove the carousel replacing it one spot to the left. Unfortunately, they don't have instructions for the procedure. We'll see how it goes later today and I'll report back.

Looking for help on another issue with my M700s. I previously posted it here M700/DV700 stepper repair? but no one responded.

I was referring to the "lifter" as the "stepper" because that is what K support calls it.

Here is my query, any feedback will be appreciated:
I have two M700s. Each of them now has a non-functioning stepper (the arm that lifts the discs out of the carousel both into the Blu Ray player and out the front slot for ejection). Everything else is in great shape on these units.

Kaleidescape will not agree to attempt a fix.

Has anyone had this issue and been able to repair it?

Looking for help on another issue with my M700s. I previously posted it here M700/DV700 stepper repair? but no one responded.

I was referring to the "lifter" as the "stepper" because that is what K support calls it.

Here is my query, any feedback will be appreciated:
I have two M700s. Each of them now has a non-functioning stepper (the arm that lifts the discs out of the carousel both into the Blu Ray player and out the front slot for ejection). Everything else is in great shape on these units.

Kaleidescape will not agree to attempt a fix.

Has anyone had this issue and been able to repair it?
I've never dealt with that issue myself.
Did K provide any troubleshooting advice?
If it were me, I'd read power to the stepper actuator and see if it is being commanded. If that seems good, swap one of the known good actuators in to the bad position and see if that fixes it.

Back