• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 and DV700 Cleaning Schedule

fritzcurtis

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I took the plunge and opened up the M700 and DV700 over the holidays after my DV700 was giving me some import issues. I have imported probably around 500 disks into the DV700 over its lifetime. The rollers were filthy. I wish I had taken pictures. They are supposed to be white and mine were completely black. I always clean a disk before inserting. I don't understand how they can become so dirty. My thought is to have a disk counter/import option on both that can serve as a possible reminder to clean the rollers. Around 500 seems to be a reasonable number. I followed the cleaning procedures using Pec-Pads and alcohol and they look like new and perform as such also. Just a quick reminder for some preventive maintenance if you are around 500 imports or so. Happy New Year!

In my experience most dirt that sticks to the rollers is drawn in through the unit not from discs being inserted. We had a dealer who put a fine mesh/fan dust filter on the intake and it was a great success in their situation.

Another counterpoint: My M700 has imported over 1300 CD’s , more than 400 DVD’s* and somewhere around 600 BR’s without any problems so far (knock on wood). My theory is that by periodically loading discs helps to keep the rollers clean (or at least clean enough to not have problems). Either that or I am do to start having some problems of my own....

I will let you know if I start having trouble.

* DVD’s could be way more than this as I deleted out DVD versions of old titles in the past once I upgraded to BR.

John

Another counterpoint: My M700 has imported over 1300 CD’s , more than 400 DVD’s* and somewhere around 600 BR’s without any problems so far (knock on wood). My theory is that by periodically loading discs helps to keep the rollers clean (or at least clean enough to not have problems). Either that or I am do to start having some problems of my own....

I will let you know if I start having trouble.

* DVD’s could be way more than this as I deleted out DVD versions of old titles in the past once I upgraded to BR.

John

That or you have a very clean house ;)

Back