• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 5 Discs Waiting to Import

Noah Winter

Hello,

A message has appeared on my M700 device Display that I have not seen before: "5 Discs Waiting to Import". Here are some additional facts:

I recently loaded some titles including 5 Disney titles which appear as cataloged.

I have opted in to the Disney program so these Blu-rays will not import.

I checked support documents to see if this was an error message and I can not find that this is.

This message does not appear to impede any other actions with the M700.

There is no option on the "My Kaleidescape" browser interface to do anything or to indicate anything is amiss.

My question is, am I stuck with this message on the front of my M700 until I purchase these titles from the store or is there some way to clear messages off the front of the m700?

Thank you

If I remember correctly if you eject those Disney disks from the player the error message will go away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once you opt-in to Disney, you cannot import any BR discs via your M700. Once these discs are identified as Disney titles and will not import. I may say “Waiting to Import” but that’s not going to happen. I order to get rid of the message you need to eject those discs.

John

If you've opted in, then it's perfectly fine to have those five discs in your M700, so that they can be played from the optical drive. If you're seeing a "waiting to import" message for those discs, that sounds like a bug. I'll escalate it.

I checked on this, and it sounds like this is fixed. The fix should be included in the next software update. Before somebody asks: I can't share an ETA for that update, sorry! ;-) In the meantime, you can just leave the discs where they are so that you can play the movies.

Thanks everyone and thanks Mike, I'm glad I could help with a bug. My desk is always a mess but I prefer my AV equipment not to be cluttered if possible. Definitely a first world problem but I am glad I won't have to eject the discs to get rid of the message.

Just to confirm that with the new software update this bug appears to be fixed. Thanks so much, now the Display works as intended.

Back