• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M300 Player Shutdown?

seaninde

When you turn the power off on an M300 Player should the fans turn off too? I'm trying to use one in a Bedroom, but in a silent room the fans are quite loud.
What's the point of the Power Off if it never turns off the fans?

Just want to see if the player is operating correctly.

Thanks
Sean

"Power" is actually a standby function. It stops any media playback, turns off the A/V outputs, and prevents the player from responding to control commands other than power on. In order for the player to be able to respond to an IP command to power up again, though, it has to have the software stack booted up, so the power consumption in standby is not drastically different from the consumption when the player is awake. That means that the thermal properties are also similar. So, if the fan is running while the player is on, I would expect it not to change much in standby.

Having said all of that, I have an M300 in my bedroom, and it does not run the fan audibly. It's possible that your player is not getting good ventilation and that's causing it to run warm. I would also check the player to make sure the air intake (around the border of the player's white front) and the fan exhaust (on the back) are not clogged up.

Last edited:
Now that Mike explained it, I'll add that I still have 4 M300's in my dual system, and the fan noise varies between the players, one tends to be a little louder that than the others, and one is barely audible.

Jim

I have an M300 in my bedroom. I solved this issue by wall mounting it facing down behind the TV, closer to the edge of the screen. This way the hot air escapes from its rear vents without excessive help from its front intake fans.

So, I tried to vacuum out the vents but no go.
So, I decided to take the cover off. WOW! The 2 fans were packed with huge dust balls caked on them. I am shocked they even ran at all!
Cleaned it all out and now it runs near silent and temp is way down.
I am going to do the same on all my other units. Explains why each one has different noise levels.

Thanks for the help!

Back