• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M300 Panel Lights come on by themselves?

djb_rh

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I've submitted this to support and they are looking into it, but claim they haven't seen it before. Curious if this is truly isolated, so I'm asking here to see if anyone has seen this.

Basically, I've got an M300 player that's visible above my TV. So I have it set to "Off" for the front panel lights. Don't care to see it. I know it's there and I know it's on.

Every few weeks for the last few months, I go in the room and it's on, but pretty dim. I load the config page in a browser and it *says* Off. Hitting "OK" in an attempt to set it to OFF again doesn't do anything. If I change it to "1", it actually gets a bit brighter. Then I can change it to OFF and it goes off as it should.

But it only stays that way for a few weeks and then does this again. Can't find any rhyme or reason as to why. I did verify a couple times that "1" is brighter than this strange state. "2" gets even brighter, etc. The player works perfectly otherwise.

Anyone else seen this?

--Donnie

I have this same thing on my M700. If it reboots, it comes up with the light slighly "on". If I turn it on and then off again it back to totally off. This only happens when there is a software update so only every few weeks to a month. I never reported this as it is not a big deal to me.

John

An update from tech support:

The Engineering Team has confirmed that the problem is a software issue and
NOT a problem with the player. They also encountered the behavior during
some recent testing and are working to resolve it, and we hope to have the
fix available in an upcoming release.

Thank you for reporting this!

Yay for bugs they can reproduce! Well, and tech support that cares.

--Donnie

So my bedroom system hasn't done this light thing in a while, but did it again a couple days ago. And then again yesterday. Twice in two days is quite rare. I emailed tech support about it again. They have not ever updated me again since what I posted above, but apparently this little issue is still around.

--Donnie

This will be fixed soon.

Jim

After I posted I did get another response from K basically saying it wasn't fixed yet and is still being addressed with no current ETA. Which is fine, I just wanted to make sure it didn't slip through the cracks or that they THOUGHT they fixed it and actually didn't, since I was pretty sure we had a new software release since my last contact with them.

But it's cool, it's not the worst bug in the world.

--Donnie

I was just curious if there was any update on this issue?
Thanks!

Back