• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

SOLD: Lumagen Radiance Pro 4446 (3)

Thanks so much for this detailed post. A lot of it is beyond my level but I’m going to share it with my dealer/installer and hopefully we can get the ball rolling!

Would these units need to be sent to Lumagen or Chris Deering to program/tweak for my theater?

Also as a general question, why do people use both anamorphic lenses with the Lumagen if the Lumagen can achieve NLS? Is there an advantage to having both in a setup? Thanks again for the really detailed response for me
Feel free to reach out. I don't know the seller here and I am not attached to the sale but I would like to help out a fellow forum here if I can.

The menu is a bit dated and a bit complex but gets the job done once you are familiar with the structure. It may take you a day or a month to get familiar with it depending on how motivated you are and your experience level with setting up somewhat complex equipment. I believe dialing in NLS and other tweaks won't be difficult for you. I already explained the calibration part above. If you are hiring a pro to do the calibration, I wouldn't waste time learning the menu structure. Once it is properly calibrated and setup, you can totally forget about it and it will work with all content without you touching the remote (other than changing inputs perhaps).

On the anamorphic lens, I believe it depends on the lens and the projector a bit. I am not well versed in this. I will leave this to others to comment. I would have the Radiance Pro even if you end up getting the lens because it will process HDR well better than your projector. You will have an easily visible difference in low and mid light scenes. There will be a lot more detail or new detail in the case your projector crushes dark scenes. I would say 9 out of 10 people buy the Radiance Pro for its HDR processing.

I would strongly recommend having Kris Deering help configure your Lumagen. He can do quite a bit without sending anything to him.

The short answer to the lens question is that a lens will give you more brightness by utilizing all the pixels in your panel. The Lumagen cannot give you more brightness, but it will give you aspect ratio switching - including more flexibility with "in-between" ratios, and will make it pretty much automatic.

I'm the individual who purchased one of the units from this seller. Had I done more research on these sooner, I would've bought long ago. I was holding out to get a new JVC projector for the dynamic tone mapping and didn't want to buy a processor instead of a new projector. Learning more about how it can make dealing with the changing aspect ratios on a 2.40:1 screen so much easier, and a few other features it has to offer made it a no-brainer.

Just chiming in again to note that the unit I purchased from this seller arrived yesterday, very well-packaged, just as described, with remote and power supply, and is installed and functioning perfectly.

Reputable seller, helpful and friendly. Thank you very much!

Just chiming in again to note that the unit I purchased from this seller arrived yesterday, very well-packaged, just as described, with remote and power supply, and is installed and functioning perfectly.

Reputable seller, helpful and friendly. Thank you very much!
Actually not functioning perfectly. Will be reaching out to seller and will follow up.

It appears that one of the units had a faulty 18g input card. Given this, even though I believe the other two work fine, they are old and could perhaps fail in the not too distant future, and therefore I am taking them off the market. If anyone would like to make an offer, with the understanding of their condition, please PM me.

As the buyer I just want to include that the seller has been very responsive and open throughout. I would not let this defective input card tarnish his reputation as a seller. He’s gone over and above the expected resolution, and I haven’t for a second felt like he was intentionally trying to sell off defective units.

I noticed I wasn’t getting full bandwidth passing through the 18Ghz input with my Kaleidescape, but I assumed it was an HDMI cable issue and intended to address it. The unit was still operational.

This week I had Kris Deering out and we spent some time swapping cables and testing different configurations and came to the conclusion that the 18Ghz input card was the issue.

The seller was open to whatever resolution I chose and has been courteous throughout.

Again, just pointing this out so this does not reflect poorly on the seller.

Back