• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Low drive space warning

JerryL

Just thinking it might be nice if we could have a user customizable warning that would alert us when capacity is down to a certain level- maybe rather than doing it in GB to do it in how many BR or DVD or CD you have space for- eg- you have space for 10 more BR, its a good time to consider acquiring extra capacity....

I DEFINITELY second this suggestion! Great idea.

There is, it's called "the dealer.":D

Seriously, that's a good idea, especially for those that wait up to the last possible import before ordering a new drive.

Jim

I like to order a new drive or free up space when I see I have space left for 10 BR discs- thats a lot of space but I like having some extra space- call me old school.

There is, it's called "the dealer."........

A modern option:-

Set up romote access via a VPN connection (safe and secure) and allow your dealer access then they can check if you need more storage and be proactive in offering to sell you some more drives. Win Win perhaps and of course an upsell oportunity ;)

Last edited:
We already get these alerts on our systems "dashboards" for each client.

The info we see:
-last connected time to Kaleidescape HQ
-storage available (how much is remaining-alert when low)
-Current version of KEAOS
-Temperature Alert (for system)
-Percentage of content that is recognized (movies and music separately)
-Replication (enabled or not)
-Warranty expiration dates on components in system
-Temperature of most components (individually). Some components do not report (i.e. MDV, some older components).
-Serial number of components
-Temperature history of each reporting component (by graph)
-Titles of adult content, for reference.**

**Kidding, but we often get asked if we can see actual titles of content (movies/music), and the answer is NO. We can only see how much storage has been used and what is available.

We also get individual email alerts from K for high temp conditions, and if the system goes offline for 24 hours+. Of course K can see a lot more data on their end.

Jim

Last edited:
Unless I misunderstand, simply type my-kaleidescape on pc or my-kaleidescape.local on mac. The system status box will tell precisely how many bluray, dvd and cd you can import. you can also type in ip address.

Thats correct. But, its all too easy to fill up your drives and if you don't look on the computer interface, then you won't know your status. You can also get the status via the on screen menu, but what Im looking for is an active status update if you cross a certain threshold vs a passive one that we have now.

Back