• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

List or Cover View Question

@audioguy123 apologies. I didn't mean to take over your thread.

The good news is what you want to do is (mostly) possible.

As you probably noticed when you had the Alto, one limitation to the ability to have every title in your library on the screen is that it will only display the titles you were able to catalog.

If the disc isn't in the store, it can be added, but only using disc name, which means no description, graphics, etc. I've just finished cataloging my collection of blu-rays and this only happened a few times, typically with Region B discs. There was also one recent Marvel movie, but otherwise it went very well.

I don’t have an Alto but on Premiere you can add descriptions and cover art through the browser interface. I would think Alto would allow the same flexibility. It doesn’t help with d2d but would help keep track of the discs.

John

I only have an Alto/Strato system in my setup, and I can do all edits and change the cover art on all imports and see my entire library of d2d content. If a disc wasn’t recognized, I can submit the barcode thing and in a few days, all information is updated.

Thanks guys, we had a disconnect somewhere, I've been able to test the editing. It was a disc issue with several kids content discs that were not recognized as even being discs, this in turn did not allow editing, which led to my incorrect assumption. I removed the posts related to that question so as to not confuse owners. Apologies to JohnJ, and others, and thanks for posting info to get me to relook at the system here, and correct my statement.

Jim

Back