• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lip Sync Issues Possible Fix

Blackdevil77

When I first initially set up my Kaleidescape system (Strato C with 6 TB Compact Tera) I was having an issue with the audio and video not being synced. All other sources were perfectly synced. I figured if I adjusted the delay on my processor to sync up the audio and video for my Kaleidescape, it would throw off everything else. After playing around a little bit, I reduced the delay and noticed, the audio and video for all my other sources remained in sync, while the Kaleidescape was being predictably adjusted. I even ran a sync test video on youtube through my Nvidia shield pro, and as I adjusted the audio delay, I noticed the video also moving around to match the audio, so I wasn't really even able to throw off the sync.
Fast forward a bit, Audioguy was having the same issue and switched out his HDMI cable. He told me he noticed a big improvement, so I went ahead to try the same thing. During the process, I learned to not use an HDMI cord less than 6 feet in length. I can't explain the technical reasons why, but I noticed the supplied HDMI cable was more like 3 feet. I have no idea if that's what made the difference or not, but switching to a Monoprice 6 foot HDMI cable, completely fixed the issue for me. I have a Trinnov Altitude 16 processor and so does Audioguy.
Just wanted to report my findings in case anyone else has a similar issue. Give the HDMI cable a shot. It completely cured the issue for me.

During the process, I learned to not use an HDMI cord less than 6 feet in length.
Yes, we do that in all our installs. Signal strength can get too low when the cable gets too long, but it can also overshoot if the cable is to short.
Sounds a bit odd to use a cable 6ft cable if devices are sitting right next (or on top) of each other, but it helps to get a system stable.
However, i never heard it helps with audio-delay issues.

Back