• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: LET'S MAKE A DEAL: Compact Terra 22TB - Full warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling Compact Terra 22 I just received on August 11th with full warranty remaining - I'm sure you can guess why! Just joined the K family this month and unfortunately missed the hardware upgrades by a week or two.

Will be shipped with all the original accessories, packaging, and box.

$8,000 (open to offers). Shipping will be included.

Last edited:
Just posting a verification that C.L. is a qualified person, though a new member to the forum. He and I have been friends in the hobby for some time, and he's recently joined our K club.

Just curious, are you not able to return within 30 days for a full or partial refund? I have only bought used K equipment and did not see anything listed on K’s website likely because the purchase goes through a dealer. Would this fall on the individual dealer to set their own policy?, again genuinely curious.

Lawless is a very honest person to work with. This is a great deal and you will not have a problem

The refund and returns are set by each dealer with most of them not accepting returns. However this 22 is already part of a trade in that we upgraded from the terra 6 (that I am selling here in the forums also )

But to the point , we accept returns for full credit and will always work with you.

Just curious, are you not able to return within 30 days for a full or partial refund? I have only bought used K equipment and did not see anything listed on K’s website likely because the purchase goes through a dealer. Would this fall on the individual dealer to set their own policy?, again genuinely curious.

Dealers are free to decide their own policy regarding returns of properly working products. Obviously a product will be replaced if there's a problem with it while under warranty. Some of us may provide a trade-in credit for recently purchased products when the client is upgrading a Server.

Jim

Hello everyone, I am new to the Kscape system, just got my media room up and going about a week ago. Only have a 6tb terra at the moment, how does it work if you have two different storage drives on the system, does it appear as one system with one screen or do you have to switch back and forth?

Hello everyone, I am new to the Kscape system, just got my media room up and going about a week ago. Only have a 6tb terra at the moment, how does it work if you have two different storage drives on the system, does it appear as one system with one screen or do you have to switch back and forth?

Without knowing what two devices you have it is difficult to answer specifically, but in general, if you have say, two Terra servers (with Strato players) or a Terra and a Strato w/storage, the library will appear seamless to the viewer. In other words, there is no switching of any type… it is about as easy as it could be (once the components are grouped as a system which is a one-time event).

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without knowing what two devices you have it is difficult to answer specifically, but in general, if you have say, two Terra servers (with Strato players) or a Terra and a Strato w/storage, the library will appear seamless to the viewer. In other words, there is no switching of any type… it is about as easy as it could be (once the components are grouped as a system which is a one-time event).

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I have the Strato C player with the Terra 6gb server and am considering purchasing another Terra 6 gb or even this compact Terra 22. I just wanted to make sure the two storage devices would appear seamless. Only have one player at this time. I waited so long on the contractors to finish the media room I more than filled up the 6TB

Thank you, I have the Strato C player with the Terra 6gb server and am considering purchasing another Terra 6 gb or even this compact Terra 22. I just wanted to make sure the two storage devices would appear seamless. Only have one player at this time. I waited so long on the contractors to finish the media room I more than filled up the 6TB
It’s seamless on the user interface side. I have a Compact Terra 22 and a Terra 48 in my setup.

Welcome to the club. 6tb fills up so fast, so I'd say go at least 22tb for your next unless you get a great deal.

Welcome to the club. 6tb fills up so fast, so I'd say go at least 22tb for your next unless you get a great deal.
Agreed, bought a 6 TB in May, and filled it up in less than a week witht he disc to digital program. Bought a Terra Prime 48 from Jim when released, and it's got space left for ~190 movies. I was originally going to sell the 6TB, but I'm now strongly considering keeping it given I already have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back