• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KScape doesn't show on network

AnOutsider

OK, so lately I've been using my XBOX for movies because I've been too busy/lazy to fix this issue. The kscape distributes video properly (and audio, and it can be seen by our control panels on the wall), but the system doesn't show up on the network.

I can't go to the IP, the kscape alias or bring kscape up on the iPad app. I know a while back (like March), I was messing with some TCP commands while working on my own home automation stuff, and I'm not sure if something got changed back then.

Anyone encounter something like this? I'm sure it's a simple setting/fix, but not having set up the system, I'm not even sure where to begin :(

That seems really odd. Have you verified you're hitting the right IP address? If the K is working, you should be able to get the player and server IP addresses by going to Menu->System->System Summary... you'll see both IP addresses there.

If the player and server see each other, and your control panels see the devices, then they do have IP addresses I'm pretty sure. Can't see why you can't bring them up with a browser by going to the server (or player) address.

Here are a few suggestions:

Try getting at it with different browsers. I've seen it work one day and not another using the 'my-kaleidescape.'

Perhaps a static address was changed or you have duplicate IP addresses?

If not static and you are using DHCP most routers have a DHCP client table. Find it and it should point you to the IP of the K equipment.

Sadly, no such luck. I went into the theater and used the RTI to bring it up on the screen so that I could grab the IP. I get the kscape screen saver and the remote does nothing. Seems like even the crestron isn't communicating with the kscape.

We're moving in about 2 months, I'll just let my new integrator figure it out.

Thanks guys!

I used to have various issues seeing and connecting with my K System but I found a network program (19.95) in the mac app store that has virtually eliminated frustrations from the past. It is called 'network radar' and works with OSX. It will always let you know what the network sees and if for any reason your IP has shifted you can identify the new IP assignment right away. I think you can even monitor your K Systems discretely to let you know if for whatever reason your IP changes. It is incredibly simple and easy to use for stuff like this.......I know this well as I tend to be rather simple minded and unidimensional in my thinking on these issues!!!

Peter

ps I'm pretty sure there would be an equivalent program in the PC world if you are not on a mac..........it just won't be a simple and intuitive........

If you have an ipad, you can try the ipad ap. It automatically scans for any K components and connects. It then has a link to the K browser interface so that you can then check all the settings.

John

Fing on the App store is another network scanner that is very good...

If you have an ipad, you can try the ipad ap. It automatically scans for any K components and connects. It then has a link to the K browser interface so that you can then check all the settings.

John

Yeah the app not connecting is how I first spotted the prob :(

Back