• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K'Scape App

uvicgrad85

Greetings

I've downloaded the latest app to my IPad. My iPad is a year old and has the latest software update.

The app couldn't find my K'Scape so I got the IP address of the server from the KScape system summary page, (192.168.0.135) and entered it manually.

It still can't see the server, a KServer2500.

I can see the server on a wireless networked PC running Windows 10 by entering "my-kaleidescape"so the server is obviously on the network.

The server is running version 6.2.1-15092

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Can you see the server from your iPad by typing in the my-kaleidescape.local (or the actual IP address) into Safari?

John

Using my-kaleidescape.local, the message on Safari is the "server has stopped responding".

Using the IP address, the message on Safari is "cannot open page because network connection lost"

The iPad is connected to the network and controls countless other home automation functions, including a professionally installed comprehensive Control4 installation.

I use my-kaleidescape.local to access the KScape server from my PC, running off the same network, located about 6" from my iPad.

Strange.

Have you tried rebooting the server? Like any computer-based device, this often makes a difference. Unplug it for a few seconds and then plug it back in and restart. Maybe it will help.

Wayne

You are not connected to the same network as your server. I would recommend turning off "cell data" on your iPad and verify you have an Internet connection using Wifi.

John

My iPad does is only wifi enabled. No cell network on it.

Rebooting the server did the trick.

All good.

Thank you!

Back