• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kscape ap issue

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
For some reason, my ap no longer seems to want to cooperate with the screen size of my iPad. It is now locked into a smaller subset of the screen and some of the menu options don't show on the screen now. I have deleted and reinstalled it but it is still acting up.

Anybody have an idea on why or how to fix it? I could not find any settings in the ap to clear up the problem.

No problem here with:

iPad Air 2
iOS 9.2
Kscape app version 1.7.0-2039

John

I have the latest version. Attached is a screen shot of the iPad ap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 45
Yep - that's weird.

The only thing I can think for you to try is turning off the "zoom" function (although from your screen capture it doesn't look like this is it).

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom and turn it off.

John

When I rotate my ipad, I still have issues so maybe it is flipping them incorrectly? I don't know how to fix that.

I'm having the same problem as Mr Poindexter.I think this happened after the last update?

Sorry to hear you are having issues as well, but happy to know its not just me.

I did install the program on an iPad mini in my house but don't think that is the issue, given they have the exact same screen resolution and aspect ratio. Perhaps it was after the update though.

Yes. I sometimes have to rotate my iPad a half dozen times in 30 seconds to navigate the menus so I can swap which player I am controlling, jump from movie list to remote, etc. very annoying.

What's weird is the app works perfectly on my wife's Ipad 4 but doesn't on my iPad Air??
(Very Strange!!!)

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. I don't think we've seen this at all internally. I know I haven't. I'm running the app on a Mini 4 and an iPad Pro. It's possible that a recent iOS update introduced some kind of incompatibility with the older SDK that our most recent app was built against.

We are in the process of qualifying a minor app update that is intended to coincide with the Strato release. We can hope that it will not have the problem, since it will be built with the latest iOS SDK.

If you guys who have seen this are able to identify any kind of specific cause, please let me know ASAP so we can ensure that it's addressed. Maybe send me a private message to ensure I get an email notification.

I updated to the most recent version of the iPad O/S and that has apparently fixed the issue. If it happens again, I will get you all the details.

Thanks.

Back