• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KPLAYER 6000 PROBLEM

chigljak

Hello Everyone.
I have KPLAYER- 6000 switched of for some time and now after conecting system together player is not working. It is blinking once in blue and once in amber. I like the colors but prefer to listen to the music in living room.
Any idea ? thanks for help.
Regards Jarek

Docs just refer to it as a nondescript network error. You should contact your dealer so they can get in touch with K Support.

If you map the local LAN (such as with NetScan) does the device respond with a unique IP address?

Sometimes yes sometimes not or I can see IP but during test again disappear
Thanks for Your attention.
Maybe somebody know if the network card can be bought as servis part ?
Regards

Sorry, there is no user serviceable network card available for order. The player would have to go back to K for servicing, or replacement.

Jim

Same issue here now. Sometimes I see it in lskd, other times not. Sometimes /settings_components sees it and other times nada (although it will still report it sees 3 players, but only list 2).

Is the case still that this player needs to be scrapped?

Attachments

• devices-obscured.PNG
    devices-obscured.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 23
  • lskd-obscured.jpg
    lskd-obscured.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 21
Hearing that the player is intermittently appearing on the lskd.html page and the Components page, I suspect that there is either an intermittent connectivity problem (where the network connection is repeatedly dropping), or the player is in a reboot loop. If there is another Kaleidescape device that behaves as expected, try connecting the player to the EXACT same network connection (same cable and port). If the problem remains in this configuration, then the player is likely rebooting and needs to be replaced.

Yeah, I tried swapping it with another player's cable and the same thing. The lights on front go from bright to dim blue, so does sound like it's cycling.

Is K even still servicing these?

The last I heard, there were no service options for the KPLAYER-6000, but they generally have upgrade programs for older players like this. Check with your dealer.

Any dealers want to chime in here? I don't have a local dealer anymore and I think Jim is busy atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like the main board has gone faulty in the player. Your only real option is to trade it in via the an upgrade program.

I have one here which does the same, stuck in a reboot loop.

Back